Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Host Credentials error (OEM Load Data Utility)
Host Credentials error [message #273969] Fri, 12 October 2007 07:47 Go to next message
fully28
Hi guys,
I have 10g on Windows and I am new to using OEM.

I was attempting to use the 'Load Data from file' utility but kept getting following error on entering username/password
for Host Credentials:
"Error - RemoteOperationException: ERROR: Wrong password for user"

I tried different users including SYS , SYSTEM , scott and users I created ... I confirmed passwords correct by logging into OEM with theses users.

If unable to get this working, is there a SQL load utility for command line?

Thanks..

Re: Host Credentials error [message #273985 is a reply to message #273969] Fri, 12 October 2007 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Huh ... "wrong password" is a wrong password. If you say that you provided the correct password, OK. I wouldn't know how to fix that.

However, there is another possibility: SQL*Loader utility or, if you prefer it, external tables feature.
Re: Host Credentials error [message #274839 is a reply to message #273969] Wed, 17 October 2007 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Quote:

but kept getting following error on entering username/password
for Host Credentials:

It was wanted host Credentials and you provided database Credentials.
Re: Host Credentials error [message #274906 is a reply to message #274839] Wed, 17 October 2007 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
1. Control Panel, Administrative Tools.
2. Click on Local Security Policy.
3. Local Policies, User Rights Assignment.
4. Double click, 'Log on as a batch job'.
5. Add your local user that you are supplying for the Host Credentials (Administrator).

Log out of Windows, then log back in. Hit the EM web site, log in and attempt to schedule, import/export, etc.

Re: Host Credentials error [message #276649 is a reply to message #274906] Thu, 25 October 2007 17:27 Go to previous message
fully28
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in responding and Thanks so much for the feedback and assistance.

I had seen the solution provided by Dreamz elsewhere .. tried it.. but it did not work for me.

Unfortunately - I needed to direct my attention to rest of my assignment so settled with using the command line utility "sqlldr username/password <control-file>" and that worked fine...

Very soon I may get the chance to revisit it, if I figure it out I will post the 'solution' here.

Thanks again..
Previous Topic: EM stop working after system name change
Next Topic: Purge/Free up OEM_Repository Tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:23:48 CDT 2024