Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Problem in configuring OMS
Problem in configuring OMS [message #243717] Fri, 08 June 2007 11:20 Go to next message
saq.arf

I have tried to connect to OMS through Oracle Enterprise Manager after giving sysman/oem_temp password and my <host>.<domain_name> inside Management server option, but it was giving me an error prompt:
"VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server <hostname>.<domain_name>. Please verify that you have entered the correct host name & the status of the oracle Management server."
I checked my $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora file where i have entered my host name. As well checked the /etc/hosts file where my hostname was perfect. But the problem still exists.
I m using Oracle 9i in Linux RHEL 4.0[/B]
Please help what's to be done.
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #245382 is a reply to message #243717] Sat, 16 June 2007 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saq.arf

Can I anyone try this out?
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #245486 is a reply to message #245382] Sun, 17 June 2007 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harshad.gohil
Check whether your OMS & db console is running or not... and check the respective URL in the propertie files.
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #245916 is a reply to message #243717] Tue, 19 June 2007 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Use IP address instead of host name and say me if it works or not..
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #246577 is a reply to message #245916] Thu, 21 June 2007 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saq.arf

Hi Harshad,

Pls let me know where do we find the properties file and how do we run db console. Do u mean OEM itself?
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #246705 is a reply to message #246577] Thu, 21 June 2007 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
how do we run db console

oemctl start dbconsole

and then enter the address in your broswer.
http://localhost:7777/em
Re: Problem in configuring OMS [message #247117 is a reply to message #243717] Sun, 24 June 2007 05:51 Go to previous message
saq.arf

Hi frendz

Thanks for all of your support. I have finally got the way to configure the OMS.
We use a utility called EMCA for doing this. EMCA means Enterprise Manager configuration Assistant. This could be run at the OS prompt as
$ emca
Then you will be asked 3 options:
Choose the first option if you haven't ever configured an OMS previously.
Then click next and choose the first option to create a new repository.
Choose typical or custom settings afterwards.
It will start creating a
1) new database
2) a repository user
3) a repository/or use a created repository
4) set configuration parameters.

NOTE: For this your listener should be up. Check that before.
If everything is ok & the database/repository creation completes.

Then go to OS prompt $ oemapp console
choose OMS give username as sysman and password as oem_temp.
change the password.
Now go ahead and use it.

Thanks buddy. Pls reply for any further suggestions.
Previous Topic: Job error
Next Topic: Recompile invalid objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:58:35 CDT 2024