Home » Other » Marketplace » Need expert career advice ,DBA or Data Warehousing ?.
icon14.gif  Need expert career advice ,DBA or Data Warehousing ?. [message #229450] Sun, 08 April 2007 02:20
parlovi
Team ,

Currently I am working with one of world's largest corporation in Bangalore as an Oracle Programmer on PL/SQL ,Unix Skills.
I looked for opportunity outside ,and I got certain offers,
I closed down on two of them ,one of which I have to join by April End.
Here goes comparision in both..
Pay package & designation is almost same in both offers & both are leading US IT Brand,with one being bigger in terms of service & consulting and second being specific to telecom domain.
Now comes difference in terms of project & roles.
With Telecom company roles & responsibility is Oracle Developer cum DBA , where down the line in 3 years I will be more towards DBA Role on Oracle 10g with Telecom Domain.
With other IT Service firm Role is of datawarehouse developer where currently more work will be in pl/sql & a bit coding,but down the line in 3 years it's full fledge dataware house developer in DWH tools like Informatica,BI etc.,since the project is spanning over years for development of data warehouse of a client who is leading FMCG company in world.

Looking to the horizon of 3-4 years in next company,which one should be the best choice looking to the market perspective ?
Which offer looks more promising ?
Which one is in more demand ? DWH or DBA ?
This decision is very critical to me as I have to get marry & start a family in 1 year.

Feedbacks & ideas from all quarters is highly appreciated.
If any one is interested in giving personalised feedback ,based on some more details plz let me know I shall contact you.

Thanks
P

[Updated on: Sun, 08 April 2007 02:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle DBA required for immediate Start in NB, Canada
Next Topic: ORACLE APPS TRAINING WORLDWIDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:41:03 CDT 2024