Home » Other » Marketplace » LEAVE APPS CONSULT'G, THEN -->?
LEAVE APPS CONSULT'G, THEN -->? [message #228989] Wed, 04 April 2007 18:13
travelbye
Hello everyone

I would like to leave Oracle Consulting one day and look for less stressful, non-travel pastures Smile I did tech support for a couple years and then consulting for 6 yrs now.

One thing that appeals to me is QA testing, but the pay cut will be quite something to get used to (anyone know the avg salary in a city like Chicago? I will be looking into it as well)

I would be appreciative of any stories people can relay where they or someone they knew LEFT ORACLE APPLICATIONS FUNCTIONAL CONSULTING and stayed within IT or even left (I'm even considering HR just bc it would be a nice change!!) Or even just job possibilities.

Please note I am purely functional and not looking to technical job possibilities or anything within consulting or pre-sales. If I still lived near Oracle HQ then I would consider jobs like writing the documentation type of thing.

Feeling a little stuck in the consulting world...

Thanks so much for any suggestions or stories of where people left and found less stress elsewhere in a non tech capacity.
Previous Topic: Oracle Financials Program Manager / Manufacturing (Pompano Beach, FL, USA)
Next Topic: Apps Technical - Trainee Jobs (India)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:56:56 CDT 2024