Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Schedule RMAN script stored in recovery catalog as OMS job
Schedule RMAN script stored in recovery catalog as OMS job [message #219074] Mon, 12 February 2007 17:15 Go to next message
suzyque54
Is it possible to schedule an RMAN backup script that is stored in the recovery catalog in the OMS job scheduler? The stored script runs fine in rman. I also created a .bat file and a command file and I can schedule it in the Windows OS scheduler. However, I am wondering if this script can be scheduled in the OMS? I tried but it won't run, the error is "nms-1029: rman does not exist." (Note I am able to schedule rman backup jobs in the OMS). Here's what I entered in the OMS: I created a job and on the general page I gave the job a name and selected the target database that is backed up by this script. On the tasks page I selected from the job tasks list "Run Rman script". In the parameters page I entered the path to the command file @'E:\Scripts\Backup.rcv', selected the credentials tab and made sure use recovery catalog was selected and entered the user name and password. I also tried entering the rman command on the parameters page instead of the path to the command file: Run{Execute Script Backup;}, but this didn't work either. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? Thanks!
Re: Schedule RMAN script stored in recovery catalog as OMS job [message #231649 is a reply to message #219074] Tue, 17 April 2007 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krblr

Hi there SuzyQue54,
I registered myself to ask you if you have found a solution to your own question, did you find an answer yet? Well here is what I have done for now. In the RMAN script section, I added a statement to connect to the catalog, as in "connect rman/rman@catalogdb" I know you are saying, yeah right! but thats not the right way to do it!! So have you figured out a solution yet? if so, please share the wealth Smile
Re: Schedule RMAN script stored in recovery catalog as OMS job [message #231655 is a reply to message #231649] Tue, 17 April 2007 22:50 Go to previous message
krblr

Well, I just found out the way to do this, just in case you still are interested in knowing. You need to set this up separately. But you may have figured it by now.

Click on the Targets tab
Clicked on the databases sub tab
Selected my Target database and clicked on its link
Clicked on the maintenance
Clicked on the Backup/Recovery Settings
Clicked on the Recovery Catalog Settings
Clicked on the Radio button, "Use Recovery Catalog"
Click on the button "Add Recovery Catalog"
You get the Catalog page, Knock yourself out!!!
Previous Topic: Oracle Grid Installation
Next Topic: Configure Target Database on Grid Controller
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:03:37 CDT 2024