Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » VERY NEWBIE EM Question
VERY NEWBIE EM Question [message #216228] Thu, 25 January 2007 12:46 Go to next message
bluelagoon
I'm not an Oracle user so apologies for the elementary nature of this query. And i've spent some time RTFM so i'm not just being lazy Smile

I have an Oracle DB and i want to change some of the entries in a few of tables. Essentially, my DB is the underlying DB of an application i'm using, and the server has had a name change. There are references to the old server name in some DB tables which need to be changed.

I can logon to SQL and see the values i want to change quite easily;

SQL> select name from app_server;

NAME
------------------------------------------
<OLD_HOSTNAME>

SQL>

To make things simple for myself, i'm trying to use Enterprise Manager to find each entry that needs to be changed. This is where i'm stuck. How and where do i change these values in EM? I'm not sure where the actual values are kept and how to access them. I've tried searching for the name but it comes back blank.

I'm sure this is something very simple.

Thanks for any help
Re: VERY NEWBIE EM Question [message #216330 is a reply to message #216228] Fri, 26 January 2007 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
I think this is not a technology related question so whether you use EM or plain sqlplus it does not make any difference...to answer this question one should know your application..one should know which tables store the hostname of the server but how can we know such things..so you need to ask the functional people or those who know the data model about it..also it is really nice that you read The Fine Manuals but if you do that for getting answer of THIS question than it may not help because this question is specific to your application..

[Updated on: Fri, 26 January 2007 09:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: VERY NEWBIE EM Question [message #216375 is a reply to message #216228] Fri, 26 January 2007 18:47 Go to previous message
bluelagoon
If anyone else needs to know, I worked out what to do.

Simply right-click on the table name and then "view/edit" contents.
Previous Topic: Oracle Intelligent Agent
Next Topic: Related Links - Jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:33:13 CDT 2024