Home » Other » Marketplace » Does some one recruit freshers too???
Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213249] Wed, 10 January 2007 00:31 Go to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
Hi group,
i have done my Oracle financials training from ORacle University and preparing for my certification exam ! Have cleared my First exam , still 2 more to go to become a Certified consultant ! ITs been 2 months since i have completed my training, there is no openings in whole of india for freshers in oracle financials !
I dont beleive it, they why the hell people train freshers !
icon8.gif  Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213538 is a reply to message #213249] Thu, 11 January 2007 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
So can i conclude that no one recruits freshers and there is no scope for young professionals who are going to take up Oracle financials as a career ?
Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213633 is a reply to message #213249] Thu, 11 January 2007 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
If you owned a business and were looking for help, would you rather pay more salary and hire someone who has experience in the job, even without certificates or someoone who has completed papers but has never been in the trenches.

So try to get in at a low level and work your way up
Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213647 is a reply to message #213633] Thu, 11 January 2007 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
How come the so called experts become experienced ?? So some one has given a chance to a fresher to proove himself, so he became an experienced Professional !
I was expecting a Confidence Booster and Not Confidence Breaker !
Prefer oracle should take up Placement assurance or assist in Internship training for students in real time projects, so as to make them ready made to face the industrial situations !
Tnks for summing up that Freshers cant get to TOP !

[Updated on: Thu, 11 January 2007 12:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213653 is a reply to message #213647] Thu, 11 January 2007 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
I do not understand why you are holding your grudge here for something ***you decided to do***.
>> Prefer oracle should take up Placement assurance
Did Oracle/any other vendors ever knocked your doorstep and begged you to get trained?
Oracle education or any training institution ***sells*** it.
It is their business. You bought ***their product****.
Now it is upto you to make use of it. You should ask all these questions to the vendor
who sold the product to you.
>>I was expecting a Confidence Booster and Not Confidence Breaker !
I understand your situation. But MarcL did provide a practical tip.
Start with lower entry level jobs and grow.
This is just technical forum where technical questions are answered.
If you need your confidence levels to be boosted, take personality development course.

>>so as to make them ready made to face the industrial situations
In real world, who cares "them"(you actually)? ( Again,no offense intended).
The fact is, you need to make yourself worthy and market yourself. Talk to the recruiters.
Sell yourself. It is upto you.
You can be a sitting duck waiting for a fish to pass by.
Or
Grab your gear, go hunting.
Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213669 is a reply to message #213647] Thu, 11 January 2007 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please look at my post at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/137374/67467#msg_137374

This is how I got retrained into Oracle.

David
Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213695 is a reply to message #213669] Thu, 11 January 2007 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oraclefinancialfresher
just lost my Cool ! Thnks for guiding me !
Have been attending interviews , and getting rejected becoz of the only reason (being a fresher) !
Re: Does some one recruit freshers too??? [message #213707 is a reply to message #213695] Fri, 12 January 2007 00:05 Go to previous message
sujatha_mu
Hi,

As Mahesh Rajendran said - In real world, who cares "them"(you actually)? ( Again,no offense intended).
The fact is, you need to make yourself worthy and market yourself. Talk to the recruiters.
Sell yourself. It is upto you.

I agree with him. It does not matters for the people whether u got trained from oracle or from any other institute. They are only concerned with the fact, that how good are you in the subject.

There are many companies who has openings for freshers to apps, for that aleast u need to have good domain knowledge.

It all depends on how best u can sell yourself.Knowledge in applications would not be enough for you to get through in interviews.

Even if you are a certified consultant , if you are completely new to implementation phase lot of things need to be explored. You should be able to convince your interviewer that u have a good understanding about this.

It's not possibble for a fresher to become a consultant.A consultant designation requires atleast 3 to 4 years of exp in apps.So you can try for management trainee then to associate consultant and to consultant.

Regards
Sujatha

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2007 00:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Senior Oracle Financials Functional Consultant -NEW
Next Topic: SIEBEL Consultant
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:52:49 CDT 2024