Home » Other » Marketplace » CAREER ADVICE
CAREER ADVICE [message #211648] Sat, 30 December 2006 08:12 Go to next message
abhijitnandedkar
I am M C M (Master of Computer Management) ,M B A ( Marketing & Sales) and working as Asst. Programmer in a cement company since last 5 years.I m working on SQL,Oracle 10g and I have beginners knowledge of oracle .I generate reports using sql,forms and handle some kind of MIS using MS-OFFICE .and also maintain the databse and make changes in software according to users requirement I observed i m not so expert in programming and if i want to do any other course/training i have to leave the present job as where i work is a remote place there is no good training institues. i wanted to change the job or shift the career.I m aslo not so good returns and boaring job .As i m working in marketing & Sales Deptt I have good knowledge of Marketing & Sales .Im in dilemma what to do ? should i go for SAP Functional Consultant,Oracle DBA,Oracle Apps,any other or should I continue the presnt job ? IS IT GOOD TO WORK IN SAME COMPANY FOR MANY YEARS ?
Re: CAREER ADVICE [message #211652 is a reply to message #211648] Sat, 30 December 2006 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nagamohan
hi buddy,

first make up ur mind..
its u can do anything.........

as u have some proficiency in oracle .. its better make ur stand on oracle Apps......

cheers
Re: CAREER ADVICE [message #211810 is a reply to message #211648] Tue, 02 January 2007 07:00 Go to previous message
supor9
Hi,

You have two options in Oracle side:

Oracle Developer (which requires the knowledge of Reports, Forms, SQL and PL/SQL)
Oracle Apps Developer (which requires the knowledge of AOL and System Admin in addition to the above).

For the first option, I think you need not take any additional tuition. For the second, you need to. So think and decide.
I dont have any idea about the SAP.

You can create your account in any career portals (like naukri.com, monsterindia.com, timesjobs.com, jobsahead.com).

And then you will get calls and you can attend telephonic interviews.

all the best

Raj

Previous Topic: Developers Needed (Austin, Texas, USA)
Next Topic: Canberra_Australia - Jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 09:54:08 CDT 2024