Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM 10g DB Unavailable Error
OEM 10g DB Unavailable Error [message #204291] Mon, 20 November 2006 00:16 Go to next message
arish_zishan
My database is already openand working fine with other tools, all the services are also started, but when i try to connect through OEM

http:\\mymachine:5500/em

I recieve following message

"The database status is currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or nomount state. Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to perform an appropriate recovery operation."

I already tried startup option at this page and database restarted successfully and is opened, but the same page come when i tried to access OEM.

Kindly reply at arish@shanfari.com also.

Thanks
Re: OEM 10g DB Unavailable Error [message #204294 is a reply to message #204291] Mon, 20 November 2006 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi arish

go through below link

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53260

let me know what happen ?

hope this helps
Taj.
Re: OEM 10g DB Unavailable Error [message #204307 is a reply to message #204294] Mon, 20 November 2006 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arish_zishan
Hi Taj,

Thankx for the reply. The solution given below seems to be similar to my case as i also changed the password of sysman from sqlplus.

Can you give example or clarify how to perform step 1,2 and 4.There is no OMS service in windows Administrative tools services section like it was there in 9i. I think my DB should be having only one OMS as i am using the deauflt setting for OEM which installs with Oracle DB installation.

Thankx

You cannot just change the SYSMAN password from SQL*Plus, You need to do this (as per Metalink):

To reset the SYSMAN password -
1. Stop all Oracle Management Servers (OMS) currently connected to the EM Repository.
2. From one of the OMS systems, use SQLPLUS to connect to the EM Repository Database. The connection attempt must be made using the EM Repository schema user's account.
3. Execute the SQL script: %Oracle_home%\sysman\admin\vduresetsysman.sql
4. Restart each OMS.
5. Launch the EM Console. Logon as sysman with a password of oem_temp and change the password when prompted. Make sure the sysman and oem_temp are all lower case.
Re: OEM 10g DB Unavailable Error [message #204312 is a reply to message #204307] Mon, 20 November 2006 02:02 Go to previous message
arish_zishan
vduresetsysman.sql this script is also not available on the system.
Previous Topic: SQL queries for UDMs
Next Topic: Grid control installation problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:44:57 CDT 2024