Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Monitoring Longops from OEM
Monitoring Longops from OEM [message #198577] Tue, 17 October 2006 14:24 Go to next message
kumarsz
Hi,
I am using Oracle 9.2.0.6.0 on Linux Red Had 9

how to find a session/ query associated with longops
OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager Console) displays all the session - some may be with longops others without longops

At present i need to check with each and every session to find out if it has any long operation.

Is there any alternative to it?

Also what is the criteria for a qury to be seen in longops? is it number of blocks processed or time taken by query to execute?

Also OEM has customize button in the screen where it shows all the sessions,
i selected User and lonons current values for displaying the sessions, but after viewing the details for sessions as displayed after setting this criteria i found that none of session was having longops

Thanks and Regards,
Pratap
Re: Monitoring Longops from OEM [message #201483 is a reply to message #198577] Sat, 04 November 2006 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kimant
[QUOTE]
At present i need to check with each and every session to find out if it has any long operation.
[QUOTE]

I hope You have a reason for this?

Anyway, query the view sys.v$session_long_ops.

And then look up that view in the documentation!

You will find that only certain operations are registered as long running operations. Nested loops+index range scans are not for instance, even though they might last for years and years. Only operations that Oracle "knows" are long running will show up there....

Hope this helps
Kim Anthonisen

Re: Monitoring Longops from OEM [message #202419 is a reply to message #201483] Thu, 09 November 2006 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarsz

Kim,
Thanks for the reply
However one question remains !
For the Queries registred by Oracle for logops "what is the criteria to be seen in longops? is it number of blocks processed or time taken by query to execute"

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards,
Pratap
Re: Monitoring Longops from OEM [message #202504 is a reply to message #202419] Fri, 10 November 2006 01:49 Go to previous message
kimant
The only information in longops is SINGLE operations.
NOT queries, but the single operations that makes up the execution of a query/update/delete/etc.

FX
* a (big) full table scan
* a (big) sort
* a (big) hash join
etc.

Look in the documentation!
- Tx. http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/dynviews_2092.htm

Br
Kim
Previous Topic: add database to manage
Next Topic: grid errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:29:50 CDT 2024