Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Grid Control Upgrade (10.1 to 10.2) failed !
Grid Control Upgrade (10.1 to 10.2) failed ! [message #179539] Tue, 27 June 2006 20:47 Go to next message
mrmarath
Hello All,
I am upgrading Oracle enterprise manager grid control 10.1 to 10.2 in Sun solaris 5.8 operating system 64bit SPARC.
The repository database version 10.1.0.3
Agent version 10.1.0.3
OMS version 10.1.0.3
Since i was not aware of the SYSMAN password, I changed the same by logging into the database as SYS user using the
statement "alter user sysman identified by <new password> before starting the upgrade process.
My upgradation was not successsful.These are the steps I implemented:
1.Downloaded 10.2 Grid control from OTN.Unzipped and extracted
2.I followed the steps of the "runinstaller
3.Just before running "allroot.sh" I shut down the database listener.(as per the oracle documentation)
During the configuration stage of OMS, that process failed.Because of the failure,
I edited "emoms.properties"file to change sysman password thinking that the change I made using
"alter user"command earlier was not reflected in this file.(Ref: How to change SYSMAN Password - OTN documentation)
I tried to start OMs after this using "emctl start oms" from new oms home.OMS is still down.

The New agent is up, it showing new OMS version, I can start opmn processes(Some of the processes are down).I can start "ias console".
But the OMS, I couldnt start.
Please help me in solving this issue.I can send all the log files as per the request.
Thanks in advance
Re: Grid Control Upgrade (10.1 to 10.2) failed ! [message #255950 is a reply to message #179539] Thu, 02 August 2007 09:21 Go to previous message
nsingh49
I suggest you to follow the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/smiley-grid10gr3-install.html

Good Luck

Nirmal
Previous Topic: OEM with https
Next Topic: ERROR: Failed to run command in process ( oem export job)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:56:55 CDT 2024