Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OMS question
OMS question [message #150364] Wed, 07 December 2005 10:13 Go to next message
jeffeben
Hi,

I am a relative "newbie" to DBA tasks. I have inherited two databases that have no backups. In attempting to create backups using the OEM, I received a message indicating that the backup wizard can only be launched when the application is connected to the OMS.

When I attempt to logon to the OMS, I received the VTK-1000 message about entering the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server (no need to repeat the entire message word-for-word). Two names are located in the drop-down box labeled "Management Servers" on the login dialog box, but when I choose either of them, I am unable to continue; I receive the VTK-1000 message.

The version of Oracle I am using is 9i and it is on a Windows2000 box.

I would appreciate any assistance/advice on how to rectify this issue and create backups.

TIA,
Jeff
Re: OMS question [message #151453 is a reply to message #150364] Wed, 14 December 2005 22:47 Go to previous message
cguillaume
It seems that you do not have an OMS. You say there are 2 names listed in your pull down. Do those servers exist? Is oracle installed on them? Maybe you just need to start the OMS.

If you don't have an OMS, take backups outside OEM at the command line. All backups through OEM are doing are creating rman commands. Do you have rman setup?
Previous Topic: Cannot connect to EM
Next Topic: problem in trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:46:03 CDT 2024