Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Maxium Sessions  () 1 Vote
Maxium Sessions [message #149412] Thu, 01 December 2005 10:16 Go to next message
comdev2001
Hi!
Is there any restrictions to increase the maxium number of processes depends upon our application requirements.if we can, what is the maxium limit for sessions and processes?..
Re: Maxium Sessions [message #149431 is a reply to message #149412] Thu, 01 December 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
10g
In the ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory there could by an init<sid>.ora file you can edit using vi. It may also be named pfile<sid>.ora.

Parameters are:
license_max_sessions
licence_max_users
license_sessions_warning

DO NOT edit or even touch a spfile<sid>.ora file. You get the these parameters via alter database, alter session, ... sqlstatements.

I usually set the warnings to about 95% of max. It logs the warning in the alert file. If it hits max, no new user sessions are allowed.

See you Reference.pdf starting at page 75. See also your Oracle Database Administrator's Guide.

Neil.
Re: Maxium Sessions [message #149551 is a reply to message #149412] Fri, 02 December 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comdev2001
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your reply..

so that means we can set our own maximum limit of sessions and processes in our database depends upon the warning level. hope there is no licence issues on that.
Re: Maxium Sessions [message #150640 is a reply to message #149551] Thu, 08 December 2005 17:05 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
You have to purchase a license from Oracle of course. The standard edition is very low cost now. The Enterprise edition is more costly, but it is worth it.

I *think* I remember them saying that the Oracle database allows connections as long as the max is not exceeded. If the max is exceeded you can only connect as a privileged user, like sys.
You need to confirm this for yourself, I have no particular knowledge other than my dealings with Oracle, and our license(concurrent user) is no longer offered.
Previous Topic: Windows XP, Oracle 10.2 oem see Solaris server via agent
Next Topic: Useful tips to run the Database smoothly on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:15:17 CDT 2024