Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » having problem with creating OMS
icon9.gif  having problem with creating OMS [message #134837] Sat, 27 August 2005 16:13 Go to next message
jasonnoble
i've installed oracle 9i on windows 2000 server. i can't seem to install OMS. i've tried using OEM... but no use..
could someone please tell me how i could resolve the problem.

pls advice...
Re: having problem with creating OMS [message #134990 is a reply to message #134837] Mon, 29 August 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
http://www.orafaq.com/faqoem.htm
Re: having problem with creating OMS [message #135273 is a reply to message #134837] Tue, 30 August 2005 13:47 Go to previous message
Lcotto
First you need to update your Windows going to microsoft.com. This should be done until no more critical alerts and your Windows is updated with the critical patches.

Second if you for example has 500 mb of Ram you should use 4096MB of your disk space as virtual memory. This should be done going to the system properties, advance and configuring your virtual memory.

Third install the OEM. If installing 10g, you have to know that you will not be seeing or browsing any database as you did in 9i, unless you have installed in each server where your databases resides the Enterprise Manager Agent 10g even though your database is 9i in the database that you want to monitred. Also you should know that this will only function with databases version 8.1.7.4 --> Note the patch level and 9i.
Databases version 8.1.7.0 will not work. Also when installing the Enterprise Manager Agent in the servers where your other databases resides you have to perform the following:
Stop the agent on the target node

emctl stop agent

2. Delete any pending upload files from the agent home

rm -r $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/state/*
rm -r $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/collection/*
rm -r $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/upload/*
rm $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/lastupld.xml
rm $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/agntstmp.txt
rm $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/blackouts.xml
rm $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/protocol.ini

3. Issue an agent clearstate from the agent home

emctl clearstate

4. Start the agent

emctl start agent

5. Force an upload to the OMS

emctl upload

Status agent show it did upload to the REPOSITORY_URL=http://<the name of your 10g OEM>:7777/em/upload w/o issue

This will be uploaded automatically to your OEM version 10g, you will not have to discover any node now.

Good luck !, I think you will needed !
Previous Topic: ora-01536
Next Topic: Help with TCL script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:43:56 CDT 2024