Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Wrong password for user
Wrong password for user [message #132495] Sat, 13 August 2005 07:23 Go to next message
nostromo
Hi All,

I have the same problem that ORARAY in the post below. I have installed Oracle 10g on Windows XP. I have an administrator account without a password, but my username on windows xp system is peter.

I tried to follow the steps for starting up the database :

Go to Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Local Security Policy-->Local Policies-->User Rights Assignment-->you will see in the policy as "Log on as a batch Job-->right click-->Properties-->add user or groups-->give your OS username.

I set peter as my OS username. Going back to the Enterprise Manager, the database dont start.
What is wrong ?.

Thanks.
icon12.gif  Re: Wrong password for user [message #132547 is a reply to message #132495] Sun, 14 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tajdba
You have to provide the 'Log on as a batch job' privilege:

1. Go to control panel/administrative tools
a. click on "local security policy"
b. click on "local policies"
c. click on "user rights assignments"
d. double click on "log on as a batch job"
e. click on "add" and add the user that was entered in the "normal username" or "privileged username" section of the EM Console.

2. Go to the Preferences link in the EM GUI
a. click on Preferred Credentials (link on the left menu)
b. under "Target Type: Host" click on "set credentials"
c. enter the OS user who has logon as a batch job privilege into the "normal username" and "normal password" fields

3. Test the connection
a. while in the Set Credentials window, click on "Test"
Re: Wrong password for user [message #132558 is a reply to message #132495] Sun, 14 August 2005 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nostromo
When i click on the test button, that works. But when, i reboot the machine and try to connect again, i get the following error:

Error E/S. The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.
Re: Wrong password for user [message #132653 is a reply to message #132495] Mon, 15 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sledge
Hi,
I have (almost) the same problem, except that my EM is running on a linux box(i.e. there is no control panel etc). Where do I need to tweak to use EM e.g. for exporting/importing schemas?

Any help is appreciated.

Alex
Re: Wrong password for user [message #137004 is a reply to message #132495] Mon, 12 September 2005 13:44 Go to previous message
olinmd
I am REALLY new to this and am having the same problems as above. I have made said changes and still am unable to successfully set preferred host credentials. When I test I get the wrong password for user error. I am running on XP pro.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 13:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Solaris 9, 10g How to start Oracle Intellegent Agent
Next Topic: Help!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:11:09 CDT 2024