Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Management Server Configuration Problem
Management Server Configuration Problem [message #111436] Wed, 16 March 2005 06:56 Go to next message
kumarsz
Hi,
i am trying some DBA activities with OEM but failing to achieve the results.
Please help and guide me on this.

i have installed Oracle Server 9.0.1.0.1 on two machines
pratap and chetan
Both Machines has Operating systems as Windows 2000 Professional and file system as FAT32
Chetan has database db01.world and ip has address is 192.168.100.2
Pratap has database db02.world and ip has address is 192.168.100.1
On Machine Chetan i have installed "OMS" with new repository (with all default options).
OEM Admin is 'sysman' with password changed to 'pratap'
Thus machine chetan has two datbases 'db01.world' and 'oemrep' out of which 'oemrep' is repository for OMS.
and machine pratap has a single datbase db02.world.

Both PCs are connected in LAN(cross cable). and are in default workgroup i.e. 'workgroup'.(no domain is configured)
Now,
i am logging in to OMS with sysman/pratap
When i tried to discover db02.world on machine pratap from OEM on pratap, it was not successful.
Then i confirmed that intelligent agent is running on both the machines. It was running properly.
i tried to gave first ip address of machine pratap i.e. 192.168.100.1 in OEM and then tried with
machine name i.e. 'pratap' but nothing succeeded for automatic discovery of the node.
only local databases i.e. db01.world and oemrep were visible in OEM tree.
later i tried to discover the node manually and after that, finally could see the db02.world also in OEM tree.
Problem 1) what could be the problem that, it was unable to discover node on the network. (i checked all services and restarted those many times)
Now i set 'Preferred Credentials" as
<default> database sys/change_on_install Role:sysdba
db01.world database sys/change_on_install Role:sysdba
db02.world database sys/change_on_install Role:sysdba
OEMREP database sysman/pratap Role:Normal
Listener-----------have not set anything here-------------
Default node administrator
chetan node administrator
Pratap node administrator
administraor is the default user for both machine with which i am logging in.
he is member of both 'Administrators' as well as 'ORA_DBA' group.
i also confirmed that 'administrator' user has no entry in 'Deny logon as a batch job' but has an entry in 'log on as a batch job'.
(in fact, later to make things run, i assigned 'log on as a batch job to everyone also')
now the other problems i faced are
Problem 2)i selected database db01.world in oem tree and i created jobs (with export as task) 4-5 times and those were executed properly.
but when i selected db02.world from oem tree and and clicked Job - Create Job in main menmu, i could not see db02.world in
list of available targets(in create job interface). only databases db01.world and oemrep were available for creating job.
Problem 3)Later i selected database db01.world and clicked Tools - Database Wizards - Backup Management
- Backup
this again gave the error message
"Node Credentials are not set for this node. Set the credentials for this node in the preferred credentials."
i am unable to understand - when i created job for db01.world for export task, it executed properly with the set credentials. But with same credentials i could not even configure backup option.
(i tried with system/manager Role : Normal also, but still got same error message)

the entries in tnsnames.ora on node chetan are as follows

OEMREP =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = chetan)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = OEMREP)(SERVER = DEDICATED))
)
DB01.WORLD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DB01)(SERVER = DEDICATED))
)
INST1_HTTP =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = SHARED)(SERVICE_NAME = MODOSE)(PRESENTATION = http://HRService))
)
DB02.WORLD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host = pratap)(Port = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = db02)(SERVER = DEDICATED))
)
# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: F:\oracle\ora90\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PLSExtProc)(PRESENTATION = RO))
)

kindly reply for above three problems
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Chetan

Re: Management Server Configuration Problem [message #111562 is a reply to message #111436] Thu, 17 March 2005 08:46 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
please look into OMS logs / Oemctl logs.

are you seeing any VNI Errors?
Previous Topic: Problem in using dbcontrol..
Next Topic: OMS Startup error - Performance Log Alert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:08:51 CDT 2024