Home » Other » Marketplace » Opportunities at Acuent - Senior Oracle DBA
Opportunities at Acuent - Senior Oracle DBA [message #105416] Wed, 02 January 2002 09:53 Go to next message
Acuent Inc.
Acuent, Inc.
Senior Oracle DBA

Required Technical Skills:
Oracle 8i, 9.x, SQL, Net 8, Unix, 24x7 database availability
Job Description
Acuent Inc. is a provider of e-business professional services for Fortune 1000 companies, institutions of higher education and the public sector. The privately-held company has a 17-year history of providing "answers that work" for its commercial and federal customers.
Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, Acuent has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta; Chicago; Irvine, Calif.; Seattle and Vienna, Va. The company has 500 employees with both functional and technical expertise. Acuent has extensive experience in selected vertical markets, including entertainment, financial services, healthcare, higher education, public sector and telecommunications.

Acuent has alliances with more than a dozen leading software companies, including Bottomline Technologies, BroadVision, Corio, Concur, Hyperion, Microsoft, Niku, PeopleSoft, Plumtree Software, SilverStream and Vignette.

Acuent Inc is currently seeking a Senior Oracle DBA at our Ft. Belvior site in Virginia.

This position is responsible for the practice and implementation in software development life cycle (SDLC); (methodology open)
The individual who fills this opening must have experience with numerous Oracle 8i and greater databases at the administration and engineering level. This experience will include, but will not be limited to the following:

1.)Setting up and maintaining oracle management servers and associated repositories

2.)Troubleshooting Oracle databases at numerous levels

3.)Supporting an Oracle database architecture in a storage area network environment

4.)Installation and configuration of oracle databases and related products in a UNIX environment (this includes but not limited to Intelligent agent, network services for Oracle, shared repositories, paging services)

Technical Expertise Required:

- Managing distributed databases
- Moving from a client/server (fat client) to a web supported (thin client) environment using on the Oracle backend
- Understanding of the basics of 9i
- SQL net8 and V2
- Database configuration management
- Designing for a 24x7 database availability
- Transition from conventional databases to data
warehouse structure
- Strong SQL programming at an intermediate or higher
- Experience as a UNIX Administrator or UNIX support.

In addition, due to the nature and location of this position, ALL APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE.

Acuent has a national training facility with a team of internal trainers dedicated to providing ongoing training to our employees. We also offer competitive salaries, attainable quarterly bonus and 100% company paid benefits including medical/dental/vision/life, and 401k with matched savings.

Qualified, interested candidates should e-mail, fax or send their resumes and salary requiremnts in confidence to the contact information listed below. If you are e-mailing your resume, please send it as an ASCII file or Word attachment in Windows 95 or 98 format.

Acuent, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Opportunities at Acuent - Senior Oracle DBA [message #105572 is a reply to message #105416] Tue, 19 March 2002 07:13 Go to previous message
Suresh Rangamani
Hello Sir/Madam,

I would like to submit my resume for the Oracle DBA position (as referened in the subject line) posted by your company. I have been working in oracle for more than eight years now and doing DB Administration and management for reputed firms like Kodak in Rochester, NY. I'm a green card holder and my salary expectations are between 65 and 70K with medical/dental/other benefits. My resume should talk all about my technical skills and I'm sure you will be interested and consider me for the position. Looking forward to hear from you, soon.

Thanks
Suresh Rangamani
Tel : 952-941-1158 (H)
716-317-2819 (C)
Email :surisuji@cs.com
Previous Topic: Looking for ORACLE DBA JOB------- Pls Help
Next Topic: Looking for job oppurtunity as Junior DBA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:21:58 CDT 2024