Home » Other » Marketplace » oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job
oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job [message #105167] Thu, 02 August 2001 15:09 Go to next message
Thomas P S
Hay, I am looking for an oracle ERP/DBA techno-functional position.

Thomas P Saviour
royxavier@yahoo.com

Strengths
More than 5+ years of experience in Software Industry with ERP Systems (Oracle ERP and HP3000), Databases Administration, Database Server-side Programming, System Analysis and Design, Reporting, Migration, User Supporting etc Strong skills with very good experience in Oracle Manufacturing 11.0.300 (OE, INV, WIP, BOM, PO etc) functional as well as technical and Oracle Database 8/8i (Administration, Backup, Recovery and Tuning). Good programming knowledge in PowerBuilder. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high level of understanding and technical expertise.

Education
Oracle DBA 8i, SQL Star International, Banglore - 2001
Oracle ERP - WIP and Services, Oracle Corporation, Saudi Arabia, -2000
Oracle Developer - Saudi Arabia, - 2000
Windows NT Administration, Saudi Arabia- 2000
MCS ( Master In Computer Science), St Joseph's College Devagiri, Calicut -
Bsc (mathematics) - Govt. Collage, kasaragod, kerala

Computer Skills
Oracle ERP, HP manufacturing, PowerBuilder, Sybase, Oracle DBA, Image Database, 'C’, C++, SQL, PL/SQL

Oracle ERP
OE, INV, BOM, PO, WIP, Services, Engineering, Sales and Marketing etc

Operating Systems
Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Unix, HP3000 MPE-IX

Databases
Oracle, Sybase, Image (HP3000), Dbase

DBA
Oracle 8/8i ( Oracle Architecture, Datafiles, Control files, Log files, Archive log files, Alert and Trace files, Process, Memory, Users, Backups, Recovery, Standby, Parallel, Tuning, SQL, Object level and many more. )

Reporting
PowerBuilder Datawindows, Infomaker, BRW

Hardware Platforms
IBM PCs
Compaq Proliant 7000/5000 Series Servers
HP3000

Professional Skills

Saudi Lighting Company Ltd, Riyadh, KSA

Programmer/Analyst 01/1998 - 03/2001

Oracle ERP
Saudi Lighting Company is an Electric Light manufacturing and distribution company running Manufacturing and Financial modules. Implemented Oracle ERP Solutions on Compaq Proliant 7000/5000 series Servers with Windows NT. Involved in user Interaction, Production support and participated in designing process for Sales and Marketing etc. The company adopted discrete manufacturing method as the standard method (for the non-standard products) and flow as the secondary for some standard products. Certain complicated reports made in PowerBuilder 6.0 using Oracle PL/SQL procedures. BOM Explosion to any level for open sales Orders, Work orders, or based on any external input data is a good example. Good understanding in the Table Structures and Entity Relationships in the manufacturing (WIP, OE, BOM, INV, SM, PO etc) and fundamental skills in FA (AP, AR, Fixed Assets, GL).

Responsibilities

· Solving the Functional and Technical problems, supporting users with the help of Oracle Support Center, MetaLink and iTAR.
· Develop reports for Manufacturing/Inventory/Order Entry/ BOM/Purchasing/Sales and Marketing etc and Queries using the DataWindow feature of Power Builder 6.0. Assist Programmers in Oracle Report writer to figure out the Entity Relationships and the data hierarchies.
· Maintaining PowerBuilder Applications with Oracle database as back-end.
· Assist the senior DBA on Oracle Database administration and System Administration and do the work Independently while he is absent. Create Oracle Database Stored Procedures for certain processing for preparing the reports.

Oracle ERP Implementation

Involved in the whole ERP Project from Requirement Analysis, Project Definition, ERP Software Selection, Migration, Implementation and conversion under the supervision of External Consultants, Arthur Anderson. Worked in the capacity of Project Leader for implementing Oracle Sales and Marketing in the company from requirement analysis, Data collection, User training, preparing Customized User Manual, Report generation using PowerBuilder (including Quotations). Designed and developed a system for generating Project Quotes for Sales and Marketing and mailing to the branch offices and customers using MAPI objects in PowerBuilder.

Responsibilities

· Participated in Oracle ERP Project From Requirement analysis to Project Implementation including software selection.
· Was responsible for the complete data conversion for all modules. Raw data extracted from the legacy system HP3000 (OS: MPE/IX, HP manufacturing Applications, BRW) and prepared with the help various departments, including mass Data collection, Validation, Mapping and exporting to the interface tables for loading to the Oracle ERP. The areas included are General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed assets, Bill Of Material, Item data, Routing, work orders, Inventory transactions, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders. PowerBuilder 6.0 with Sybase SQL Anywhere database and Microsoft Excel are extensively used to accomplish the task.
· Worked in the capacity of team leader in implementing Oracle Sales and Marketing module including Requirement Analysis, Data collection, User Training, Customized User Training Preparation, User Support, Reporting, Quotation Generation, E-mailing Quotes to the branch and customers (Application in PowerBuilder Using MAPI) etc.
· Implemented the Personal and Payroll Systems (Developed in PowerBuilder, In- house) in the company comprising Requirement Analysis, Data Preparation, and Migration, testing and implementing which interface with Oracle GL. Data prepared from the Clipper/Dbase system running on Novell Netware for multi-user environment.

Pre – ERP Project
· Administer the HP3000/947LX Mini with MPE-IX Operating System and HP Manufacturing Applications (MM - Material Management, PCM - Production Cost Management, PM - Production Management, Purchasing Etc…)
· Produce various Management and Departmental Reports in BRW (Business Report Writer) for WIP (Work In Progress), Material Management, Cost Accounting, Engineering, Purchasing, Sales and Distribution, and Inventory.
· Develop and maintain various In-house software [[Using Power Builder 5.0/6.0 with SQL Sybase Anywhere RDBMS]]

Environment

Oracle ERP(Financials, INV, WIP, OE, ENG, Quality, Services, SM, MRP,CRP etc), HP3000/947 LX Mini with MPE-IX OS, HP Manufacturing , Windows 98/NT, PowerBuilder, Oracle Database, Image Database, Sybase

Pentagon softwares, India, Kerala

Programmer/ Analyst 05/1995 – 01/1998

The following projects were designed and developed for the clients of Pentagon Softwares, One of the major Custom Software Development Company in Kerala, India

Employee Monitoring and Evaluation System

Implemented the System for employee monitoring and performance evaluation in the Shop Floor, Production Department and linked to other customized manufacturing systems developed in PowerBuilder and Oracle.

Responsibilities

· System and Process Design – Functional and Technical
· Preparation of the functional specification and reviews with users.
· Database Design – Normalizing the database, constructing database objects like tables, views, synonyms, sequences, triggers, and stored procedures, and tuning of the database
· Coding, Reporting and troubleshooting

Distribution System

The client required keeping track of all Whole Sale Distribution of consumer products, and this system design and development was initiated to accomplish the requirements. The configuration part consists of certain parameters, which decides the type of business and method of functioning of the system. The main functionality of the package is to provide business assistance to the Whole Sale Distributors. The various components of the System are Maintenances, (Customers, Products, Categories, etc), Purchase, Purchase Returns, Purchase Order Generation, Purchase Request, Purchase Order Approval, Sales, Sales Returns and numerous Reporting.

Responsibilities

· Involved in the preparation of the functional specification and reviews with users.
· System and Process Design – Functional and Technical
· Database Design - Designing and creating of tables, Views and Stored procedures and tuning
· Form Design, Reporting and trouble shooting

Sales and Marketing

This system was designed and developed for the Sales and Marketing work force of one of our esteemed clients. Taking care of Sales People, Customers, Projects, Opportunities, Quotations, etc. This system is designed to provide automation in many areas of a CRM solution. Management can get a clear picture about their workforce ( by salesman, sales area, branch, sales group, organization level etc), customers, products or product family, Quotations, Performance evaluation, Forecasting etc. Opportunity and Quotation Management, Project Definition and Updating, Project Life Cycle Status, Quotation Issue by Branch, Quotation Review, Demand Analysis, Customer Performance Analysis, Sales Man Performance, and Branch Performance are the main components of the system.

Responsibilities

· Primary Analysis and study
· System Design and process design
· Data base design and tuning
· Part of Program design and debugging

Environment

PowerBuilder 4.0/5.0, Oracle 7.0, Windows NT/95/3.11

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job as trainee oraclei8 dba [message #105381 is a reply to message #105167] Tue, 04 December 2001 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darshna patel
MY SELF DARSHNA PATEL (B.E.COMPUTERS)has done my oralce 8i DBA course form SQL STAR INTERNATIONAL AT MUMBAI.

NOW I AM LOOKING FOR A JOB AS TAINEE DBA

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oracle Manufacturing [message #105431 is a reply to message #105167] Wed, 09 January 2002 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kasi viswanathan
i have a urgent oracle manuf. vacancy. if you wish to apply pls send me your resume immdtly.

send it to sanjayviswanathan@hotmail.com. u can chat with me in hotmail.

thanks
kasi viswanathan
Re: oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job [message #105447 is a reply to message #105167] Sun, 20 January 2002 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vishal Malhotra
Hi,
we have some excellent openings in Singapore and Europe on Oracle Manufacturing. Kindly reply ASAP with updated CV.
REgards
Vishal
oracle DBA, Oracle [message #105456 is a reply to message #105167] Tue, 22 January 2002 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ibrahim adem ali
Dear sir ,
i ibrahi adem alim fresher and graduate of Bsc <chemistry> i have done oracle DBA ,UNIX ADMIN <SOLARIS> AND I AM LIVING IN RIYADH .
Re: oracle8i......Looking for a job [message #105527 is a reply to message #105167] Fri, 22 February 2002 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ANOOP KUMAR JESRANI
Looking for importers of lighting [message #105843 is a reply to message #105167] Thu, 18 July 2002 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunny Lee
SHANGHAI HONGYUAN------the Chinese Lighting Pioneer; a leading lighting manufacturer in China; ISO-9002 Enterprise.
Manufacture and export all kinds of lighting and electric equipments. Main products include Metal Halide lamps, High-Pressure Sodium Lamps, Mercury Lamps, Ballasts, Floodlights, Road lights, Tunnel lights, Factory lights and Lampposts besides a variety of product range.
Re: oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job [message #105876 is a reply to message #105167] Mon, 29 July 2002 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rayees
Please tell me the good institution in bangl
ore for to study oracle Dba.
Please give me the address and phone no. also
Re: oracle DBA, Oracle Manufacturing.. Looking for a job [message #105896 is a reply to message #105167] Tue, 06 August 2002 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S.Ravichandran
Dear Sir,
Iam a graduate engineer with 12 + years of functional and 1 year as functional consultant is Oracle Apps 11i.
Kindly ail eincaseof any opening
regards
S.Ravichandran
Re: Oracle Manufacturing [message #105897 is a reply to message #105167] Tue, 06 August 2002 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S.Ravichandran
Iam afunctional consultantin Oracle apps manufacturing. Please contact me in case of opening.
Regards
S.Ravichandran
Re: Oracle Manufacturing [message #106149 is a reply to message #105897] Sat, 19 October 2002 03:27 Go to previous message
S.Ravichandran
Dear Sir,
Iam looking for opening in Oracle manufacturing, Oracle Purchase.
You may respond to ravichandran36@yahoo.com
Thanks
S.Ravichandran
Previous Topic: Oracle Consultants Required
Next Topic: Oracle DBA with 11i needed in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:24:23 CDT 2024