Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada
Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #104981] Fri, 13 April 2001 21:52 Go to next message
Jay
We are seeking Oracle Developers for a 2-3 MONTHS contract for Toronto, Canada...
To start immediately...

Work Assignment:

Develop and/or modify Oracle forms and reports generated from Oracle Designer
Develop when necessary Packages/functions using SQL and/or PL/SQL.
If skilled in Oracle Discoverer, then design and development of reports may
be required.
Ensure proper control of program/object versions.
Prepare test plan and test cases with users.
Perform Unit and System test upon completion of each Form/report.
Coordinate and provide support on User Acceptance Test.
Prepare / Update system documentation.

Skills Required:

Extensive experience in systems development in a client/server environment
using Oracle Developer/2000 tools (e.g. Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5).
Knowledge and experience with Developer 6I is an asset.
Extensive experience with SQL*Plus and PL/SQL data base language.
Knowledge and experience with Oracle Designer is desirable.
Knowledge and experience with Oracle Discoverer is desirable.
Good oral and written communication skills.

Environment:

Oracle Database - 8i
Oracle Designer 6i
Oracle Developer 6i Forms and Reports
SQL Plus 8i
Oracle Discoverer 3.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105017 is a reply to message #104981] Tue, 08 May 2001 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevil Majra
I am an OCP looking for job opportunity in Toronto. I am also proficient with all versions of Oracle including 9iAS. I am available immediately.

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105020 is a reply to message #104981] Wed, 09 May 2001 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ausaf Saleem
I am looking for a position of Oracle Developer. I have five years experience using Oracle and Developer/2000. I am available immediately.

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105117 is a reply to message #104981] Mon, 09 July 2001 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andres Osorio
ANDRES OSORIO
5569 Broadpath
Mississauga, Ontario
L5M 6M4
(905) 399-8221
andresosorio65@hotmail.com

CAREER OBJECTIVE

To obtain a position as a Oracle Developer, where good communication and programming skills can be utilized to their maximum potential

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

· Proficient in using SQL Server, PL/SQL, Designer 2000, Developer 2000, C,
Windows 2000/ NT, Cobol, RPG, Word, Excel, Access, Novell
· Fluent in English, French and Spanish
· Highly professional and able to work well with others

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Solusoft (Montreal, Canada)
Oracle Developer
? Developed, documented and tested Oracle applications
? Participated in system implementation and technical design sessions
? Maintained existing computer applications

National Bank (Montreal, Canada)
Programmer Analyst
? Developed, documented and tested Cobol programs
? Participated in system implementation and technical design sessions
? Maintained existing computer application

Ministry of Education, (Panama City)
Programmer Analyst
? Developed, implemented and tested RPG/400 programs
? Participated in system documentation and technical design sessions
? Followed the programs

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Oracle Developer - Solusoft, (Montreal, Canada) May/2000-May/2001
Programmer/Analyst Cobol - National Bank, (Montreal, Canada) January/1998-November/1999
Programmer/Analyst RPG/400-Intertype Polymer, (Montreal, Canada) December/1995-October/1997

EDUCATION AND TRAINING

Designer developer course of Oracle - Bois-de-Boulogne College, (Montreal, Canada) 1999
Computer Sciences Degree - University of Panama,(Panama City) 1994

REFERENCES
Will be available upon request

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105214 is a reply to message #104981] Fri, 31 August 2001 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashfaq sadiq
Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105255 is a reply to message #104981] Fri, 21 September 2001 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Niroshini
I have experiance in Oracle Reports & forms 6i & conversent in SQL plus & PL SQL

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105259 is a reply to message #104981] Sat, 22 September 2001 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevil Majra
I am interested in this position. If this opportunity is still open I would like to prove myself.

Thanks!

Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105269 is a reply to message #104981] Tue, 25 September 2001 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saimohan
I am interested for this position. If there is opportunity is still open kindly mail me.
expecting favourable reply from you,
regards,
sai mohan

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105293 is a reply to message #104981] Mon, 15 October 2001 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveed
i am OCP(developer 6i ) and have near about two years
of hands on experience.i have also a master degree in economics on my credit.looking for bright future

Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105495 is a reply to message #104981] Thu, 07 February 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sujeeva Tissaarachchi
I have 5 plus years experience in development of Application Systems with ORACLE Developer 2000 for ORACLE 7/8 database.

I am also capable of database desin for RDBMS like ORACLE and fair knowledge of Stored Procedures.
Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105750 is a reply to message #104981] Fri, 14 June 2002 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_jafri
Dear Sir,

Offering over 7 years’ experience in the Information Systems. Main areas of specialization include extensice analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and Support (Involving user training) of Oracle applications. Designed and Developed applications to meet user requirements. Extensive experience of business automation and report generation using Oracle 6.0/7.x/8.x, ORACLE Forms 6i and all earlier versions, Oracle Reports 6 and all earlier versions, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader and PL/SQL. Experienced user of both UNIX and Windows NT platforms. Good team worker with effective communication skills.

I am a University Master's Degree holder and also have more than seven years of experience of Design & Develpment of software alongwith substential Maintenance, Support and strong Problem Solving skills.

Most of my experience is with large financial institution United Bank Limited - UBL, a leading commercial bank in Pakistan. UBL is bank of more than 1000 branches all over Pakistan.

My most recent job in Pakistan was with a Software House as "Senior Analyst/Programmer" in Pakistan, where my job responsibilities were Analysis & Design of Systems to be developed and to coordinate with the customer during software development.

In view of my suitablity for the job, I do hope that my application will be positively evaluated and I will be given an opportunity for an interview to endorse my RESUME.

Looking forward to hear a positive response.

Many thanks in advance.

Yours truly,

Ghulam Muhammad

MY RESUME:
==========

Sheikh Ghulam Muhammad
Apartment # 1010
110 Parkway, Forest Drive
North York – M2J 1L7
Ontario.

Residence Phone # (416) 492 – 7514
E-mail Address: gmdanial@yahoo.com
-----------------------------------

OBJECTIVES: A position with responsibilities and growth potential where my experience and skills could be productive for the company.

SUMMARY: Offering over 7 years’ experience in the Information Systems. Main areas of specialization include analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and Support (Involving user training) of Oracle applications. Designed and Developed applications to meet user requirements. Extensive experience of business automation and report generation using ORACLE Forms 6i and earlier versions, Oracle Reports 6 and earlier versions, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader and PL/SQL. Experienced user of both UNIX and Windows NT platforms. Good team worker with effective communication skills.

SKILLS: Operating System: UNIX, WINDOWS NT, WINDOWS 95
Languages: ORALCE, C, COBOL
Databases: Oracle 8i and earlier versions
Oracle Products: Forms Designer 6i and earlier versions, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, Report Designer 6 and earlier versions, SQL*LOADER, SQL*NET
Database Admin: Management of Schema Objects, Database Tuning.
Spread Sheets: Lotus 123, Excel
Editors: MS-Word, Word Perfect, vi (Unix)
Packages: MS-Project, ERwin, Powerpoint
Hardware Used: IBM 80X86, Pentium

EXPERIENCE:
Softurn Solutions. Karachi, Pakistan.
April, 2001 To April, 2002

Position Held: Senior Analyst/Programmer
Job Description: Analysis & Design of the Systems, Assignments of jobs to the team members.
Coordination with the customers for Requirement Analysis, Presentations of the System at different stages and ensure successful implementation.

Projects:

Production Tracking System – This system was designed to record the activities of the unit from purchasing of yarn to delivery of finished items (both knitted fabric and garments). It provides information like status of an order, position of inventory in different stores, estimated & actual cost and wastage of orders, current order in process, to the management through system reports and online inquiry forms. The system has strong interface with Accounting System.

Inventory Control System – It was a general item inventory system designed for the distributors and provides the information regarding flow of inventory. Basic three method of handling inventory (i.e FIFO, Weighted Average and LIFO) were provided in the system. User has to choose any one of these method at the time of installation of the system.

Home Financing System – The system was designed for Home Financing Scheme of a financial institution. It provides the facility of application of loans from designated branches with centralised applicant’s evaluation for loan approval. System handles sale’s represnetatives related information for their commission. The system was provided with effective reports required by the management.

Parts & Automobile Management System – Basic objectives of the system was to synchronize the business activities of all Authorized Dealers of an Automobile Company. It has to be implemented in two phase. In the first phase stand alone system will be installed on all sites and required reports will be sent to company. While in the second phase the system will provide the online information to the management of the company. System deals with Inventory and Accounts related information of the Dealers.

Tools used: Forms 6.0 and earlier, Reports 6.0 and earlier, PL/SQL, and SQL script under UNIX/Window NT platforms.

Doha Bank Karachi Branch, Pakistan.
September 2000 To April 2001

Position Held: MIS Manager IT Department
Job Description: Responsible for smooth functioning of IT Department. Restructuring of IT Department including complete automation of business activities and design & documentation of IT related system & procedures. Analysis of branch Automation Requirements for Applications Software. Documentation of Existing Application Software and other Systems & Procedure.

Tools used:
Developer 2000 - Forms 5.0/6.0, Reports 3.0/6.0, PL/SQL, SQL script under UNIX platform.

United Bank Limited Karachi, Pakistan.
September 1994 to September 2000

Position Held: Analyst/Programmer
Job Description: Study and Analysis of existing "Manual & Computerized Systems" for development of new or alternate Software. Development Testing & Implementation of Software. Support & Maintenance of existing system. Development of Ad-hoc Reports and Programs to meet day-to-day requirements of the Management.

Software Development

Payroll System – Initially System was designed for payroll & funds requirements for the employees of the UBL Head Office.Later on the said system was completely redesigned and developed for the whole bank, alongwith additional features of handling Employee’s Loan facility.

Hamrah - Rupee Travelers Cheque (RTC) System – It was simply reconciliation system designed to determined the daily sale and re-purchase of Traveler Cheques alonwith the daily and overall float value of TCs. It also records the issuance of the TCs to designated branches. It also maintain information of daily sales sent by the branches through IBCA and purchase information through purchase receipts. IBCAs are issued to respective branches from where purchase receipts are received.

Caramaad Scheme Balloting System – A scheme “CARAMAAD”was launched by the bank, to increase its deposit as well as its customer base. Scheme was that for managing different slabs of deposit in saving bank accounts for the month, account holder will be eligible for draw. Bank was offering different Cars for different slabs of deposit. One of the module of this system was develop to extract the eligible account holder from the database of banking software Unibank for the draw and prepare a text file. This program was run by the branch people and sent to their respective region where these files were merged and a single file for one region was prepared. These text files were loaded into Oracle database and serialized. At the time of draw, audience were asked to choose 11 digit key, one digit by one person, then special guest was asked to press the button for processing. A ‘C Language’ prgoram used this key as parameter, which create a random number file with serial number. Final result of draw is displayed.

Hamrah RTC Reward System – To increase the market share of the Traveler Cheques, a scheme was lauched by the bank for which this system was designed. It was simply Points earning scheme depending on the denomination of TC and duration of holding it. Points could be redeemed to purchase different items of different vendors. Points were credited to customers accounts on monthly basis.

Consilidation System for FD – This system was designed for the consolidation of accounts of all branches on monthly basis to fulfill multiple requirements of State Bank of Pakistan (Central Bank) reagarding assets/liabilities and income/expenditure monthly, half-yearly and annual position.

Also provided Support & Maintenance of:

Payroll System
Hamrah - Rupee Travelers Cheque (RTC) System
Caramaad Scheme Balloting System
Consolidation System (Finance Department)

HO Reconciliation system – The system was designed for reconciliation of the “Originating and Responding” entries generated due to different inter-branch transactions and to identify the outstanding entries therein.

Emplyee’s Provident Fund System – The system was designed to manage the information about the provident fund contirbution of the employees, as well as the bank’s contirbution, investment of funds and distribution of returns on investement among the contirbutors as approved by the trutees.

Tools used:
Developer 2000 - Forms 4.5/5.0, Reports 2.5/3.0, PL/SQL, and SQL script under UNIX /Windows NT platform. (Forms 3.0 and Reports 1.0 and Oracle 6.0 under Unix were also used)

ACADEMICS:

-MS/CS from SZABIST, Pakistan - Thesis Topic "Role of IT in BPR".
-Masters in Computer Science - from University of Karachi, Pakistan.
-Bachelor of Science from University of Karachi, Pakistan.
-Bachelor of Commerce - B. Com. from University of Karachi, Pakistan.
-DAIBP Part - I from Institute of Bankers in Pakistan.

PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
-Six months training at UBL Computer Center, Islamabad for Unix, Oracle and Fox plus.
-Three months training of "General Banking" with One month Orientation in Branch.
-Two months training from Developer 2000.

PAPER & PROJECT SUPERVISION:

· Supervised Final Project "Development of Multimedia Interactive Learning Package using Visual C++ and MFC" of B. E. (CS) Batch 1993-94 final semester students of NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi in 1998.
· Read Paper " Internet Based Services to Pakistani Community" in IEEE Conference on 'Electronic Commerce' at Hotel Avari Towers, Karachi on December 05, 1998 with Dr. Nazir A. Sangi, the then Head of Computer Science Department of SZABIST.

PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES

Responsible, Disciplined, Positive Attitude, Quick Learner, Productive, Analytical, Strategic Planner & Organized.
Re: Oracle Developer - Contract - Toronto, Canada [message #105817 is a reply to message #104981] Tue, 09 July 2002 23:53 Go to previous message
sohel
Dear ,
i m facing some problem. if possible please try to help me. How can i transfered data from ms-access table to oracle table.
Previous Topic: Oracle DBA needed
Next Topic: Re: ORACLE DREAM JOBS!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:46:00 CDT 2024