Home » Other » Marketplace » Re: Oracle DBA & DBA Manager(Chicago)
|Re: Oracle DBA & DBA Manager(Chicago) [message #104979]
||Thu, 12 April 2001 18:32
Registered: April 2001
To continue to lead highly focused carrier in the field of Oracle DBA and Oracle Applications DBA.
Technical Summary :
Over 12 years of IT experience with around 5 years of experience as Oracle DBA and around 1 year experience as Oracle Applications DBA. Experience of installation, upgrade, performance tuning and maintenance of Oracle Applications 10.7SC, 11.0.3 and SAP 4.0B, Data Warehouse products. Setup and maintenance of Standby database and Advance Replication. Experience in Web Application Development with ASP, VB-Scripts, VB, Java.
1. Consulting as ORACLE DBA / APPLICATIONS DBA to Globalstar Satellite Communications, San Jose, California, USA.
Duration : From May, 2000 till date.
Responsible for Installation, Upgradation and Maintenance of a set of Oracle Databases comprises of 7.3.3, 220.127.116.11, 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 on Sun-Solaris 2.5.1 / 2.7. These databases support Oracle Applications 10.7SC, 11.0.3, Brio and Impact Data warehouses, CORBA Architecture based Billing Application.
Planning and implementation of upgrades for Oracle Applications from 10.7 SC to 11.0.3, Applications of Patches, Configuration of Printers, Alerts, Concurrent Managers, Menus, Responsibilities, Report Groups and sets. Successful completion of upgrade of 6 instances of Oracle Applications ( 2 in Production, 2 in Test and 2 in Development ). Client setup and support, Performance Tuning for Load Balancing. Oracle Web Server 3.0 and Forms Server setup and maintenance.
At Database Level ; Installation of the Oracle RDBMS with setup of resource requirements, upgrade of the Databases from 7.3.3 to 8.0.5 and 8.1.6. Design, Documentation and Implementation of 24X7 Backup and Recovery strategies. Database cloning, Standby Database, Advance Replication. OEM1.6, 2.04, RMAN, Replication Manager. Client Setup and support, Net8 Setup. OWS3.0, Forms Manager.
At Performance Tuning Level; Planning and implementation of performance tuning at different levels which includes Database, Query, I/O using STATSPACK, UTLBSTAT, UTLESTAT, EXPLAIN PLAN, TRACE/TKPROF Utilities. A well planned and documented implementation of Performance Tuning.
2. Project : M/s Infoquest Software Exports Limited, India from 02'00 to 04'00. Off-shore development of US based client's project.
Responsibility included installation of Oracle 8.0.5 on Windows NT4.0, ODBC, Installation of ASP2.0, Writing ASP scripts to upload and download Database Objects and Data. Backup and Restore Strategy formulation and implementation. Query Optimization for performance gain and performance tuning at Database level.
3. Worked with M/s IndoRama Synthetics (I) Limited, India
Duration : February 1996 - January 2000 (4 years)
For its multi-location operations, worked as Oracle DBA to support its in-house developed suite of integrated commercial application and SAP ERP solutions build on Oracle 8.0.5 Database. Had Heterogeneous operating environment including SCO Open Server, Windows NT, SUN Solaris operating systems. As Oracle DBA supported strategic planning, Installation, Creation, Maintenance of mission critical applications such as ERP and OLTP in 3-tier, multi-system landscape architecture on Oracle Database. The responsibility included Backup and Restore, Application and Database Tuning, Security and User Authorization, Network Support, Client installation, configuration and support, Database Object creation and maintenance, Interaction with Developers, Implementers and System Administrator in their respective area of working. The size of largest database handled was 100 GB having SAP ERP installed. Along with this I handled other databases that were more than 100 GB altogether.
4. Worked with M/s Spentex Industries Limited (RPG Group), Pune in India from January 1994 till January-1996. Was responsible for Design, Development of integrated suit of applications for Textile unit using Oracle 7.3 and Forms/Reports in centralized production environment. Responsibility included installation of Oracle, Creation of Database, Database Objects, Backup and Recovery, Database and Application Tuning, User support.
5. Worked with M/s Maral Overseas Limited, Indore, India from May'92 to December'94 and was responsible for Design, Development and Implementation of integrated suite of applications using Unify-C on Unix. Responsibility included installation, development, and implementation of the application with user support.
5. Worked with M/s Zenith Computers Limited, Mumbai in India from January 87 to April 92 and was responsible for technical support on NetWare, Unix to client which included installation, training, query solver etc.
Proficiency in RDBMS: Oracle 8.x, 7.x with Architecture, Installation, SQL, SQL-PLUS, PL/SQL, Application and Database Tuning, Database Backup and Restore, Security and Authorization, Net8 configuration, Oracle Built-in Packages, Object-relational techniques, Large Objects (LOBS), Creation and maintenance of Database Objects viz. Database, Table Spaces, Tables, Indexes, Procedures and Triggers, Views, Snapshots, Links etc, ODBC, JDBC, C, Pro*C; Oracle Products: Enterprise Manager, Net8 Assistant, Developer-2000.
Others: Experience in Installation, Management and Working -> Operating Systems: UNIX, NT, Linux, Novell NetWare, Windows; Hardware Platforms: HP, SUN, COMPAQ, IBM, ICL, ZENITH with mid-range of computing environment; Web-Technology: ASP/ IIS4/ COM/ VB/ Scripting/ MTS/ ITS/ VisualInterdev/ HTML/ DHTML/ Exchange-Server. Interfacing with RS-232.Languages: C, Pascal, Fortran, VB, and Scripting.
Educational Qualifications: B.S . (Computer Engineering).
Visa Status : H1-B.
Contact Information :
1220 Garbo Way #208,
San Jose, Ca, 95117.
Ph: 408 423 8487 ( R ).
Email : email@example.com
Current Time: Sun Oct 24 08:21:31 CDT 2021