Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle Management Server Service not starting (very urgent)
Oracle Management Server Service not starting (very urgent) [message #68680] Sat, 19 June 2004 10:36 Go to next message
Simran
Hi,

I am new to Oracle. Last week, I installed Oracle 8i enterprise edition on my laptop and created a few (4 to be specific) databases. Yesterday, I deleted one of the databases but I think somehow that database was linked to the Oracle Management Server Service. Now, I am not being able to start the Oracle Management Service. It gives me an error "Could not start OracleOraHome81ManagementServer Service on Local Computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.". And when I try to create the database. It does not let me create the database either. Please help to resolve this. It is extremely urgent.

thanks is advance,
Simran

Re: Oracle Management Server Service not starting (very urgent) [message #68682 is a reply to message #68680] Sun, 20 June 2004 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Instead of saying laptop you should say on which OS you are installing the Oracle.

Well from the given error it looks like you are working on a Win box. According to me accidentally you have dropped the DB in which OMS repository was there. OEM basically use a database to use its internal info in a DB which is known as repository of that OMS.

If this is the situation then you have to create a new repository in any other DB. you can do this by using EMCA i.e. Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant.

But before doing that just ensure to start all the DB which you have before you try to start the management server. Basically only one DB should be up but you dont know in which DB the repository is, so just start all the DB before starting the OMS.

I hope it will help you.

Daljit Singh
Re: Oracle Management Server Service not starting (very urgent) [message #68910 is a reply to message #68682] Tue, 01 February 2005 20:02 Go to previous message
sapna
I have windows2000 server and have installed Oracle database enterprise 9.2.As i want to take backups of the oracle database so came to know that i have to configure OMS. so that i do by emca (i did not installed it separately through oracle universal installer) After finishing up all the steps of emca, now i got 2 services form management server - OracleOraHome92ManagementServer, OracleOraHome92OSMTNSListener service. I could not start these services. please tell me the solution. I have separate database for Management server -oemrep.
and have not dropped anyone till now.
Plz help me
Previous Topic: OMS and Intelligent Agent not seeing databases
Next Topic: connecting Vb and oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:43:38 CDT 2024