Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1
CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68496] Wed, 17 December 2003 15:22 Go to next message
Prasad
Hi All

I am facing problems in configuring agent while installing ora92, manually tried that also failed.
I verified DBSNMP.ORA found two error messages,

NMS-00001: Warning: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent
NMS-00308: Failed to listen on address: another agent may be running

By going through OEM documention I found 9.2 above there is no need of manual configuring snmp.ora. this is the contents of that
snmp.visibleservices = (listener, RAGHAV)
snmp.shortname.listener = LISTENER
snmp.longname.listener = listener_VK752274
snmp.configfile.listener = C:oracleora92networkadminlistener.ora
snmp.oraclehome.listener = C:oracleora92
snmp.servicename.listener_VK752274 = OracleOraHome92TNSListener
snmp.SID.RAGHAV = RAGHAV
snmp.oraclehome.RAGHAV = c:oracleora92
snmp.address.RAGHAV = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=ORACLE)(ARGV0=ORACLERAGHAV)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))
snmp.remoteaddress.RAGHAV = (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = VK752274)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=RAGHAV)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))
ifile = C:oracleora92networkadminsnmp_rw.ora
ifile = C:oracleora92networkadminsqlnet.ora

and for second error (NMS-00308) how to check another agent is running on my system(windows 2k)

NMS-00308: Failed to listen on address: another agent may be running.
Cause: The agent’s connection cache could not be initialized. This message
usually appears when another agent is running. Only one copy can be running
at a time.
Action: If another agent is running, bring it down before running the desired
agent.

How to check another agent in my system is it agent.
I killed one agent.exe on system still no use.
Please let me know the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
Prasad
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68497 is a reply to message #68496] Wed, 17 December 2003 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

You can check if the Agent is running by opening a command window and executing "agentctl status agent". Similarly "agentctl stop/start agent" can be used to stop and start the agent.

BTW: This is documented in the OEM FAQ at http://www.orafaq.com/faqoem.htm#IA-START

Best regards.

Frank
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68498 is a reply to message #68497] Thu, 18 December 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad
Hi Frank
Thanks for the reply.
When I ran "agentctl status agent"
It prompted me saying "Could not contact agent.It may not be running"

But When I try to start
"agentctl start agent"
Error is
"Service could not be started.check agntsrvc.log for details"
The Contents of agntsrvc.log is
"Sending initial service status..
Commandline is "C:oracleora92bindbsnmpwd.bat" -agent_name OracleOraHome92Agent
2. WAIT_OBJECT_0: Agent exited with retCode 0.
Agent failed to startup.
Check C:oracleora92networklogOracleOraHome92Agent.nohup for details"

The Contents of OracleOraHome92Agent.nohup is
Service name is OracleOraHome92Agent

"Failed while initializing Comm service
Error initializing subsystems
Agent exited on 12/18/2003 9:29a with return value 55
Could not start agent. Initialization failure
Agent startup failed. Check C:oracleora92networklogOracleOraHome92Agent.nohup for details"

Actually I have to monitor all my production databases using OEM installed on my machine, still I am not debug what is going wrong.
Please let me know the solution for this problem.

Thanks and Regards
Prasad
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68499 is a reply to message #68497] Thu, 18 December 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad
Hi Frank

Since My machine was WIN2K SP 4, I thought problem with symcjit.dll, I have downloaded latest from site and replaced the new one, But now also I am facing problem with configuring agent. It is throwing this error

Warning: JIT compiler "symcjit" not found. Will use interpreter.
But Installation hangs that stage only for more than 2 hours, I thought Inrepreter will take more time than Just-in-time compiler but no use, manually trying also not helping.

Regards
Prasad
CONFIGURATION STATUS IS NOT SYNCHRON WITH MANAGEMENT SERVER [message #68535 is a reply to message #68496] Wed, 28 January 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JanWink
Hi,

i was trying to refresh my kont, using Oacle Enterprise Manager for a VMS machine. The Error message was: Agent is not synchron to Managemet Server.
However on the VMS machine agent is running. I'm sorry not descriebing my problem more detailed. I'm a newbie and stucking´... is there a command to synchron, available?

thanks a lot...
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68572 is a reply to message #68497] Tue, 09 March 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chryso
Hi all!

I have almost the same problem. Whenever I boot(reboot) my Windows, I popup window appears telling me that agntsrvc.exe could not be started and askes me if I want to send a report message. It is very annoying since it slows down the whole startup process.

Can you please tell me what to do in order not get this message again?

Thanks a lot!
Chryso
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68633 is a reply to message #68572] Thu, 06 May 2004 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip
Yep got the same problem, well similar. 2003 bluescreens on reboot error points to agntsrvc.exe any ideas are welome.

Cheers
Skip
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68634 is a reply to message #68633] Thu, 06 May 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip
My apologies bad grammer. The server is running fine then bluescreens. When it comes back the error reported is to do with agntsrvc.exe I have sent dump files to MS but cannot resolve this problem.

Skip
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68655 is a reply to message #68496] Thu, 27 May 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul
Hi

I have a similar problem with Enterprise 9.2.0.1. The first time I installed it there was no problem, but I messed things up and had to reinstall. The Agent service hasn't worked since. I have even tried the removing all traces of Oracle from my system and reinstalling, but it makes no difference. I'm completely stuck now.

Here is the error message I get when I try to start the OracleOraHome92Agent service:
"Could not start the OracleOraHome92Agent service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists contact your system administrator."

I have also tried starting the service by typing "agentctl start agent" at the command line, but it complains with the following message:
"Unable to access snmp_ro.ora file"

This file is not missing and it resides in C:oracleora92networkadmin, so I don't know why it can't find it. Even if I enter the command from the above folder it still doesn't find the file.

Any ideas anyone?
Re: CONFIGURATION AGENT FAILS ON 9.2.0.1 [message #68656 is a reply to message #68655] Thu, 27 May 2004 03:23 Go to previous message
Paul
I have just found the solution to my problem. I needed to add an environment variable: TNS_ADMIN=C:oracleora92networkadmin

I only thought of trying this when I was searching my system for traces of Oracle 8.1.7 (I found the equivalent environment variable for this version). I'm a bit surprised that the installer doesn't add this variable itself, because it seems to need it otherwise the Agent can't be started.

Strange.
Previous Topic: Creating the Database
Next Topic: impossible in loading oemapp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:54:27 CDT 2024