Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent
jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent [message #68442] Thu, 18 September 2003 19:17 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
We are running a oracle 9.2.0 server on solaris 5.8. For some reason the jobs that are submitted form OEM console fail. The output of all failed jobs say 'The job did not write any output'. The same problem whether it is a database job or node job.
After setting a trace on the intelligent agent, it looks like none of the jobs hit the agent at all. I was trying some simple commands from the OEM for testing like 'ls'. The security is all set correct. Can someone please tell me where I can setup the next trace? Such as some kind of trace between the OEM and intelligent agent before it hits the agent?

Thanks
Re: jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent [message #68446 is a reply to message #68442] Mon, 22 September 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walt Livingston
Hi Tony,

are you sure your preferred credentials are set correctly for the node and the database in question ?? How about permissions on the management server?? system privileges for your user in the repository ??

Walt
Re: jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent [message #68458 is a reply to message #68446] Wed, 01 October 2003 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheela
Yeap, all the credentials are set right. We even tried the 'root' login in place of the 'oracle' login on the preferred credentials,and that doesn't work either. I've currently opened a ticket (itar) with oracle and they are working on it. It's almost 3 weeks now, and they're not able to resolve the situation. Everytime we submit a job all we get is 'The job did not write any output' on the failed output screen on OEM. Happens to all jobs, either os or database.
We have the jobout directory and all permissions are set correctly. We are sure about this, as we tried the preferred credentials as 'root'. Nothin' else strikes. The log doesn't indicate any issues that could give a clue.
Re: jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent [message #68885 is a reply to message #68458] Fri, 07 January 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j-man
I got the same error on my win2k server/oracle 9.2.0.6 server. I resolved this by putting the oem account on the machine (the account that has permissions to run batch jobs) in the Administrators group.
Re: jobs are not submitted to Intelligent Agent [message #181063 is a reply to message #68442] Thu, 06 July 2006 10:01 Go to previous message
mahi02
Hi,
Iam also facing the same problem please this is urgent i need somebody to reply to this i searched on this topic for a whole week and i didnot find any solution for this.
Previous Topic: ORA - 12514 TNS: could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptior
Next Topic: oem 10g non web based
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:29:26 CDT 2024