Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Updation of Oracle database to another system??
Updation of Oracle database to another system?? [message #68402] Wed, 23 July 2003 03:01 Go to next message
sachin kumar gupta
Hi all,

I have Oracle 8.1.5 database on SCO UNIXware 7.1.1 Server. We r using one s/w application based on javaservlets with Apache web server.
Now, we have to update the same Oracle database to another server on Oracle 8.1.7 on Redhat Linux 8.
Is any major parameter changes r required to be made in intialization parameters. & how is exporting of Oracle parameters to OS differs from SCO Unixware 7.1.1 to Redhat Linux 8.

Any help highly appreciated.

TIA,
Sachin
Re: Updation of Oracle database to another system?? [message #68404 is a reply to message #68402] Wed, 23 July 2003 15:14 Go to previous message
Roy
Basically you can do a full export of the current database and then recreate a empty datbase at the destination (Linux) and then import the data. Recently I did a database export from windows 2000 to Solaris.
ONly thing you have to watch out is the path for tablespace data files creation. In my case it was bad because all the path formats were in windows format, so it failed. So I first created the appropriate tablespaces manually on the destination system and then ran the import and everything went fine.
But in your case, as the path format is the same, you can directly import into the destination database. Just make sure that the same path to create the tablespaces is available on the destination.
Otherwise you hav eto manually create the tablespaces like I did and then import.

Thanks
Previous Topic: ORA-12638
Next Topic: OMS nodes and databases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:22:45 CDT 2024