Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » EM Cloud Control 12c for centralizes management (12.1.0.2.0,Linux x86_64)
EM Cloud Control 12c for centralizes management [message #640371] Mon, 27 July 2015 09:43 Go to next message
preet_kumar
I successfully Installed Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c (formally named Grid Control in 11g).

The entire installation took me around 45min and i noticed that it installed Java 1.6 which itself is very old as current java version is 1.8
Also noticed it installed Weblogic and many other applications which consumes a lot of CPU and RAM.

If anyone here experienced and using EM cloud control please let me know if one should install all these packages or there is any other method to install EM cloud.

As i would like to monitor multiple DB's so Database Control is not an option and i was told that EM cloud control is free to use with the target DB license.
Re: EM Cloud Control 12c for centralizes management [message #640374 is a reply to message #640371] Mon, 27 July 2015 10:02 Go to previous message
John Watson
You need a WebLogic container to run the OEM code. You can try reducing the memory allocated to it if you like.

You are correct to say that you do not need to licence OEM, WebLogic or the repository database - if you do not use them for anything other than monitoring licensed Oracle databases. You can upgrade the Java, or use JRockit, instead of the supplied JVM if you want. I don't think I would.
Previous Topic: Enterprise Manager Not Open in Internet explorer 10 certification validation error
Next Topic: EM Cloud Control 12c ports listening on TCP6 instead TCP4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:51:24 CDT 2024