Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Multiple DBConsole service not up and running on server reboot....
Multiple DBConsole service not up and running on server reboot.... [message #467155] Thu, 22 July 2010 06:08
HelpDBA
Hi All,

I am using ORACLE 11gR2 on OVM server 2.2.1. I have installed ORACLE 11g using vm-template OEL 5.5. I have two database installed in my setup.

Now I want to configure auto startup of Database,listener and EM Dbconsole on server reboot. I follow the same concept as we were used in 10g. like create one file name like "dbora" in /etc/init.d and give all start,stop command for Database,listener and EM Dbconsole.

All service like Database, listener are up and running on server reboot but DBConsole is not working. when I start and stop the created service "dbora" , it gives message for Environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME not defined. Please set ORACLE_UNQNAME to database unique name. I have two database so I set one sid to ORACLE_UNQNAME and saw the effect of EM DBConsole on service start/stop or say machine reboot. I came to know that on which SID I set ORACLE_UNQNAME in "oracle" user's profile that will up and running DB console along with Database and listener service. But for the rest Database EM DB console was not up on server reboot.

what is the alternate if I want to start both EM DBconsole on server reboot?

Thanks...
Previous Topic: Installation of Application Management Pack 3 Failed
Next Topic: How to recreate this file: emd.properties for EMCTL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:49:21 CDT 2024