Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle DBAs needed in Cleveland, OH
|Oracle DBAs needed in Cleveland, OH [message #368919]
||Fri, 11 February 2000 23:31
Registered: November 1998
We are currently seeking individuals for companies in Cleveland, Ohio|
that have permanent staff opportunities available for Oracle DBA candidates.
These are actual openings described as follows:
A. DBA - Oracle DBA REQUIRED SKILLS 2-3 yrs. Oracle DB experience, knowledge
of UNIX & NT 1-2 yrs. application programming knowledge, Problem Solving
skills, and Customer Service & Proj Mgmt skills $50-60K
Job Code: Cleve/DBA/SB/A/orafaq
B. Oracle DBA, Technology Services – Seeking an IT professional who has Oracle
DBA training and is ready to take the next step in his/her career. Some
Oracle DBA experience a plus. Requires BS plus requisite Oracle DBA
Job Code: Cleve/DBA/SB/B/orafaq
These positions offer:
* The opportunity to become a key member of the team.
* Competitive Cleveland based compensation packages-
* Relocation assistance
NO sub contracting positions available.
*U.S. citizenship or green card holders only
PLEASE do not send your resume if you are not in the United States.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a Word attachment to:
Oracle Placement Specialist
ph: 1-800 -549-8502
Please use appropiate job code(s) when responding
Candidates who we are interested in will be contacted immediately.
*We pay referral fees.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested
in the posiition described above- if it is not a match for your skills.
|Re: Oracle DBAs needed in Cleveland, OH [message #368933 is a reply to message #368919]
||Sun, 27 February 2000 21:36
Registered: February 2000
Saw your advert, though i jave he requisite qualifications , i cannot apply for the simple reason that i am not a US citizen and neither a green card holder.
However, i have a friend who also has the qualifications required and might just be interested. He is an American citizen and has over three years ORACLE DBA experience. He is by the name James Oyebode.
Attached is his resume ...
17345 Fielding road
Detroit, MI 48219
Mr. James Oyebode has over 4 years professional experience in the Information technology field. James is proficient in RDMS technology using Oracle 7.0, Ms Access, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Developer 2000 and Visual Basic. He also has experience in Production support and troubleshooting the database's backend. Mr. Oyebode has performed the duties of an Oracle DBA, Programmer, and Analyst, along with maintaining his own Web Development Company for small businesses. James has excellent communication skills.
Web server Administration (Oracle web server and MS information Server), 8/99
Oracle 7/8 Database Administration, 6/99
Level II UNIX Administration, 1/99
Associate degree Computer Science, 96/98
-ICS Learning Center - Scranton, USA
Diploma - Computer Programming, 97/98
-NRI Schools - Washington, DC USA
Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy), 83/87
-Ogun State University - Nigeria
BOURNE SHELL IBM PC/COMPATIBLES
SHELL SCRIPTING SUN /SOLARIS
WINDOWS 3.1/ 95/98/NT
ORACLE V 7/8 PL/SQL
CRYSTAL REPORTS SQR
OBJECT-ORIENTED ANALSIS ORACLE FINANCIALS
ORACLE REPORTS 2.5 DEVELOPER/DESIGNER 2000
MS ACCESS MS EXCEL
HTML JAVA SCRIPTS/JAVA
MS WORD WEB SERVER ADMINISTRATION
Alpha Data Services, Detroit, MI
November 1999 to Present
Solely responsible for development of an Oracle application that tracked the Consumer Complaints and Contractors. These Applications were design for Detroit Water and Sewerage Department to track measurable in Water quality control. Water Samples data are collected by the chemist and entered in the Database. Validations are incorporated in the system to check if the input data is within the acceptable ranges. Several reports are generated to provide outstanding water areas that need further testing.
· Creation of Database and other Database objects such as Tables, users, roles, indexes, relationships. Performed Performance Tuning, sizing the SGA and other memory structures, optimizing queries using Analyze/Explain plan and Tkprof. Putting into place the backup and recovery.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: WINDOWS NT, DEVELOPER 2000, ORACLE 8, SQL, PL/SQL.
Bond Communications, Detroit, MI
June 1999 to Present
· Developed own web site and host for small businesses.
· Maintenance of host sites.
· Additional multi-conferencing using, HTML, and Oracle.
· Developed all sites in FrontPage, HTML. Used Cold fusion and CGI, to submit and download information.
· CGI also used to retrieve information from visitors of the site.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - continued
Compuware Corporation/Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI
July 1999 to Oct 1999
Automated Issue Matrix System
This Application was designed to provide Ford Engineers an efficient means of tracking, raising and resolving issues arising throughout a vehicle launch. It is a user-friendly window application that allows users:
· To query and update existing issues and generates easy to use reports summaries.
· Easy access to learn from previous Vehicle launches.
· Back up and Recovery. Performance Tuning and Trouble shooting, as well as Database Installation.
· Designed new application to track change management using MS Access.
· Generated reports using Crystal reports.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: WINDOWS 95, SQL, WINDOWS, ORACLE 7.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - continued
McKesson Financial Services (Paysystem and Retail Transaction Services), Livonia, MI
April 1998 - April 1999
Designed a new application to track change management using MS Access.
This is a financial application designed to pre-fund pharmacies for their receivables. The Paysystem module captures prescription claims en-route to the insurance benefit payers. The pharmacies are paid the dollar amount less the charges and fees. There is an elaborate reporting system detailing the transactions at every level. The daily reports are sent to the parties by fax. The Retail Transaction Services module pre-fund Pharmacies for their credit cards receivables. The credit card transactions are downloaded from the Novus. The Pharmacies are paid the dollar amount less the appropriate charges.
· Database and Network support to the users, dealing with issues such as locks, long queries etc.
· Created forms and reports using Developer 2000.
· Generated reports using Crystal Reports.
· Created some reports in SQL and SQR.
· Created database objects such as Tables, Roles, Indexes, Relationships using Designer 2000.
· Used SQL loader in loading data.
· Wrote shell scripts to automate the data processing system (some in a cron job).
· Manage version control and change management, managed program in C++.
· Managed team of 8 programmers.
TECHNICAL ENVIROMENT: WINDOWS NT, UNIX, FRONT END: DEVELOPER FORMS, ORACLE 7, MS ACCESS, DEVELOPER 2000, CRYSTAL REPORTS, SQL, SQR, C++, SHELLSCRIPTING, PRO C, FOX SERVER.
Oak Rehabilitation Center, Wyoming, Detroit
January 1996 to March 1998
Designed a financial application to track customer in Microsoft Assess to track customer payables and receivables. The application contains a database of customer information and the Insurer payer details. The system updates the system automatically when payments are received. Financial reports are also generated based on the data in the system.
TECHNICAL ENVIROMENT: MS ACCESS, WINDOWS '95
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - continued
Department of Social Security, London, England
September 1987 to November 1998
· Administration of Social Security Benefits.
· PC support, providing user training, trouble-shooting and fixing.
· Personal computers.
TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT: IBM PCS, WINDOWS '95
Current Time: Sun Oct 24 23:20:49 CDT 2021