Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle DBA needed in Downtown Chicago, IL
|Oracle DBA needed in Downtown Chicago, IL [message #368900]
||Sat, 15 January 2000 15:03
Registered: November 1998
Downtown Chicago, Ilinois, client needs an Oracle DBA with Unix experience
I.T. team to provide database support for Oracle systems .
Selected candidiate needs experience with a large database(s) that has heavy
Candidates local to the Chicago area only-no relocation.
* BS in Computer Science or related degree.
* 3+ yrs experience in Oracle administration.
* Distributed Systems experience would be a plus.
* Excellent communications skills are required.
* U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
This position offers:
* The opportunity to become a key member of the team.
* Base Salary of up to 65-90K
NO sub contracting positions available.
Please do not send your resume if you are not in the United States.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume as an attachment to:
Oracle Placement Specialist
Please Use Job Code: DBA/Chicago/FR/orafaq
Note: This is only one of the many opportunities that we have available
across the U.S.
for candidates with Oracle skills. So if this one is not a match for you, we
to send us your resume- as we quite possibly have the opportunity that you
I pay referral fees.
So please contact me if you know of anyone who would be qualified/interested
posiition described above- if it is not a match for your skills.
|Re: Oracle DBA needed in Downtown Chicago, IL [message #369109 is a reply to message #368900]
||Fri, 01 December 2000 01:06
Registered: December 2000
E-mail : email@example.com
Seeking a challenging position as a Database Administrator (Oracle) which utilizes my track record of the Engineering and software skills and experience.
Oracle 8i, Oracle 8.x and Oracle 7.x Database Administrator / Consultant over 4 years of experience in Oracle software installation, database creation, Database Migration, Database Capacity Planning, Automated backup Implementation, Tuning in Oracle 8i, Oracle 8.x and Oracle7.x and on Unix and Windows NT environment . Thorough understanding of the Oracle data dictionary. Has excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, general business knowledge and a good team player.
Hardware platforms/Operating systems
SUN6000, Sun4500, Solaris 2.5, Solaris 2.6, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95 / 98.
Oracle 8i, Oracle 8.x, Oracle 7.3.3
PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, Unix Shell
Tools / Utilities
DBArtisan, Recovery Manager, DBverify, Exp/Imp, Server Manager, SQL * Loader, TKPROF.
06/2000 - Present : Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 DBA -- Wipro technologies,Bangalore,India
Project : Automation of Call center Management and Billing software system.
Wipro technologies is one of the leading software firms in India, involved in development, implementation, and maintenance of software having clients across India as well as overseas. It supports and provides the 7 by 24 high end and large Oracle database services. It has tied up with ORACLE Corporation for Oracle Software as well as Front end Tools.
Responsibilities and activities:
· Installation of Oracle 8i, 8.0.3, Oracle 8.0.6 and Oracle 7.x software and creation of databases for OLTP and DSS systems as well as installation of developer 2000,designer 2000 and Web DB.
· Proposing options on the architecture of the production system to suit the requirements.
· Capacity planning and creation of production database with a 100 Gb / year estimate.
· Migrating Production database to higher releases using Migration utility and Exp / Imp tool.
· Assisting developers in gathering data requirements, data definitions and construction of logical data models. Participating in all phases of the project life cycle.
· Responsible for Security on Production database like create roles, application wise and access to application Schemas to Users and maintain separate tablespaces for Data, indexes and Temp application wise.
· Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
· Authored and used various Unix Shell, PL/SQL and SQL scripts to monitor the database and probe to check its pulse.
· A series of monitor programs have been implemented to check database, tablespace growth, extent growth, de-fragmentation, examining row cache activity, eliminate chained rows, and index analysis
· Implementation of two-tier Client-Server applications in Oracle Environment
· Implementation of Distributed Databases over LAN using DBLINKS and Replication of Databases using Database triggers
· Database performance tuning for memory ( SGA ), disk I/O contentions, rollback segment contention, application tuning using Explain Plan, TKPROF, UTLBSTATE / UTLESTATE.
· Implementing appropriate Backup strategy for Development and Production databases and automating them using Recovery Manager and UNIX utility "Cron", so that there is no need for human interference.
· Planning and implementing various backup and recover strategies in order to maximize the MTBF and minimize the MTTR so as to minimize the down time of the database.
· Documentation of the database, backup schedules and the database maintenance activities.
· Conducted workshops and Training programs on database administration activities.
· Contacting the Oracle Corporation for technical support and assistance.
SUN 4500 m/cs are used for the primary UNIX servers. These servers serve functions such as database, validation/interface using Jeeva and Radial software's.
OS / Software
Solaris 2.5 Solaris 2.6, NT, Oracle 8i, Oracle 8.x, Oracle 7.x, Jeeva,Radial.
Tools and Utilities :
Recovery Manager,DBverify,Exp/Imp,Server Manager,SQL * Loader,TKPROF.
08/97 to 05/2000 : Oracle 7.x and 8.x DBA at Union Bank Of India(Nationalized
Project : Management of Information System(MIS)-Banking Software.
Responsibilities and activities :
Design and implementation of Personal Banking and MIS database systems.
These database deals with the day-to-day personal banking transactions and the consolidation of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly data of the Bank as whole for the region.
· Design of the physical storage parameters for tables and indexes, monitoring databases for fragmentation at tablespace, table, row, block level and defragmentation for optimal utilization of physical storage. Monitoring SGA for optimal performance.
· Optimizing performance of SQL queries, optimizing load jobs performance, forcing schema execution path. Writing and implementation of PL / SQL scripts.
· Oracle installation, patch application, migrating database to newer releases of Oracle. Creation of new database, deciding the of data, index, rollback, redolog, control files on the disks. Reorganization of the location existing databases to improve the performance.
· Creation of schema owners and implementing security aspects. Creation of schema objects through Erwin tool, transferring data from non-Oracle platforms to Oracle database using SQL * Loader. Automation of database creation using UNIX and SQL scripts.
· Setting up of logical / physical backups. Depending on the nature of database, setting up of different Imports /Exports and clod or hot backups.
· Writing Shell scripts and automating these scripts through cron jobs for backups. Recovery of database in case of crashes from the backup taken.
Software / RDBMS
Solaris 2.6,NT 4.0 server,oracle 7.x,oracle 8.0.3
Tools and Utilities :
DBverify,Exp/Imp,Server Manager,SQL * Loader,TKPROF.
Indian Air Force (From Mar 92 to May 97)
Served in Indian Air Force for six years (Short Service Commissioned Officer) as Flight
Lieutenant in various Technical and software fields.
01/96 to 05/97 : Oracle 7 DBA at Air Force Academy, Dundigal, India
Project : Inventory system Automation
Responsibilities and Activities :
Served as Oracle DBA in the premier Pilot Training Academy of Indian Air Force.
· Design and implementation of Logistics database, Employee / Trainee database on Oracle 7.X having high volumes of Inventory, Purchases, Consumption, Suppliers, Employee / Trainee details.
· Creation of database, Startup & Shut down Backup and Recovery, Creation of schemas, Users, Objects, Maintaining security of DB. Memory tuning, Application tuning. Disk striping, Recovery in case of crashes of the database, User support.
· The object of the project is to monitor optimum level of Inventory, tracking of the consumption, supply and delivery systems, price control of the items.
· Conducted workshops on preventive maintenance and DBA activities.
Software / RDBMS
Windows NT 4.0 server, Oracle 7.x
Tools and Utilities:
DBverify, Exp/Imp, Server Manager,SQL * Loader,TKPROF.
03/92 to 12/95 : Senior technical Officer at Air Force Station, Jammu,India
Project : Installation and maintenance of Microwave Radar's / wireless
Site survey, Installation, Implementation, Commissioning of S, L band microwave RADARS, Vsat, Tropo Scatter Communication systems, Wireless Ground to Air Communication systems and maintenance, tuning for the optimum performance.
Men and material management of the Air Force Station consisting over 250 personal and Maintenance of the Defense Equipment worth RS 100 crores. Liaisoning with Dept Of Communication, Civil Police and Air Head Quarters.
COURSES / WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
Year Title Organized
1999 Sun Solaris System Administration Wilshire S / W Technologies,
1999 Visual Basic 5.0 Orbit Information Tech. , Hyderabad
1995 PC Assembly & Trouble Shooting C E D T , Jammu
1992 Radar & Digital Comm. Systems Indian Air Force, ADGES-TI,
1991 Men & Material Management Indian Air Force Air Force Technical
Oracle certified Professional exams(Oracle 8 DBA). Cleared the following papers.
Database Administration dated : Aug 09,2000 Score : 54/63
Backup and recovery workshop dated : Aug 25,2000 Score : 56/60
Performance tuning Workshop dated : Sep 14,2000 Score : 53/61
Network Administration dated : Sep 29,2000 Score : 48/62
Certified Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 DBA through Branbench.com. Transcript ID : 1342167
Academic Qualifications :
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and communications Engg. from Regional Engg. College, Durgapur(BURDWAN UNIVERSITY),India.
Current Time: Fri Oct 22 21:30:44 CDT 2021