16 Mount Road, Hayes, Middlesex, Mobile: 07852270796 London, UB3 3LH Email: hemx37@gmail.com Profile Having been in the IT industry as a DBA for Oracle databases and servers in busy corporate environments as one role or another for more than one year experiences, I consider myself to have a good solid grounding to managing and pro-actively maintaining all aspects required by the organization, ranging from Installation, Administration, Maintenance (Support) and Configuration of Oracle Databases. I have gained excellent knowledge and work experience for backups/recovery, upgrades/installations and performance tuning of Oracle 10g Database. I am flexible and committed to my work and eager to learn new skills. I am an enthusiastic team player and strive to contribute best practice, standards compliant approaches wherever possible. I seek a challenging post that enables me to use my abilities. I am looking to continue in the field of Database Administrator with the opportunity to develop towards a senior position in the future. I would have a great honor to work for any company that has a vision and a mission, which I can be a part of. Professional Attributes * Effective interpersonal and communication skills in working with customers and colleagues at all levels * High level of self-motivation, responsibility and maturity * Strong management, judgment and decision making abilities * Having the ability to handle sensitive matters with speed, efficiency and attention to detail. Technical Skills * Administrating Database in WIN 2000/XP, UNIX & Linux platforms. * Perform Oracle Enterprise Edition 9i Release 1&2, and Oracle 10g Release 1&2 Installation, Database Creation, Net Configuration, Cold Backups. * Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid control implementation. * Configuring Oracle 10g database with automatic storage management (ASM). * Database Customization, Database Migration, Upgrading, Backup & Recovery and Data Guard (Service Continuity). * Execute performance tuning and Oracle database maintenance by insuring access security, data reliability and performing troubleshooting, using Export / Import. * RMAN (OEM) Creation, RMAN setup and integration, Hot backup & Cold backup, Remote Duplicate database and Logical and Physical Standby Database (Data Guard), Schema Analyzing, OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager Tools) and Oracle utility. * Using Flashback Technology (e.g. Flashback Query (FBQ)) and Automatic Undo Management as part of backup strategy. * Initiate and interpret user and system session traces using TKPROF. * Perform database cloning and re-location activities. * Implement and perform activities utilizing transportable tablespaces on same platform or across the platform. * Utilize, managing and monitoring hot standby database using (Data Guard) as well as monitoring primary database. * Data migration using Data Pump import/export utility and SQL Loader * Upgrading of Database from lower version to higher version. * Sound knowledge of ISQL* plus and PL/SQL. * Understanding of Common Oracle supplied packages, including DBMS_STATS, DBMS_OUTPUT and DBMS_JOB * Operating Systems Experience in installation, upgrade, configuration, administration and support for the following operating systems: i. Windows 98, 2000, XP Professional, server 2000 ii. LINUX . iii. MS-DOS iv. HP Unix * Applications i. Microsoft Office 97/2000/XP ii. Adobe Photoshop CS2. iii. Oracle SQL Developer iv. Oracle Code Factory Professional Experience May-07-Apr-08 Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited – India Graduate Database Administrator: Working within a Gujarat Government chemical project for Finance & Sales Department with up to 400 staff and working in team of 5 Database Administrators Duties: * Installing and Configuring Oracle 10G Database server on Windows 2003 server and LINUX. * Ensuring successful & periodical Backup, Restoration & Tuning. * Performing periodical Backup and Restoration and recovery using RMAN (full & incremental) and RMAN incrementally updated backups. * Performing backup and recovery through Export/Import through Data Pump * Managing users, privileges and roles. Implementing security and privileges for users and roles. * Ensuring database connectivity from application accessing database. Identify and solve simple network problems. * Writing and Maintaining Documentation for issues related to Database Configuration, changes and corrections. Ensuring smooth transition of new changes on the database side from development to test then to production server. * Ensuring compatibility between production and production support database servers. Performance monitoring and tuning. * Copy Archived Logs to Standby Database and Roll Forward. * Look for any new alert log entry, verify successful database backup and look for object that break the rules. * Installing and Configuring Oracle 10g Database server and client on Windows 2000 server. * Control over creation, management of tables, constraints, indexes, tablespaces, rollback segments and views. * Performing periodical Backup and Restoration and recovery using RMAN (full & incremental) and RMAN incrementally updated backups. Education July’2008: Prometric Test Centre Oracle 10g Certification (OCP) Modules include Oracle Database 10g Using globalization support, Securing the Oracle Listener, Configuring Recovery Manager(RMAN),Using Recovery Manager, Recovering from Non-Critical Losses, Database Recovery, Flashback Database, Recovery from User Errors, Dealing with Database Corruption, Automatic Database Management, Monitoring And Managing Storage, Automatic Storage Management(ASM),Monitoring and Managing Memory, Managing Resources, Automatic Task with Scheduler. July’2007: Prometric Test Centre Oracle 10g Certification (OCA) Modules include Oracle Database 10g Components and architecture; Creating and controlling a Database; Database Storage and Schema Objects; Oracle Net Services; Oracle Shared Server; User Administration and Security; Managing Data with SQL, PL/SQL, and Utilities; Managing Consistency and Concurrency; Proactive Database maintenance and performance monitoring.; Implementing Database backup and recovery. BE (Hons) Technology Sardar Patel University, India September 1999 – July 2003 An engineering degree, focusing on hardware, operating systems, networks, database work and interface design, with a placement year. Of the thirty modules taken I passed all thirty, twenty received first class. Interest and Activities I enjoy surfing, walking, dancing and like to enjoy movies in spare times. I regularly participate in Oracle forums and mailing lists on the internet sharing information. I also am an avid reader of Oracle Magazines. ?? ?? ?? ?? HEMESH PATEL Page 3 of 3